Reggie - Dying Love 6

Reggie sat vigil by her bedside for a long time as she slept, he father talked with the doctors and soon saw him sleeping it was like that for who know's how long till he entered the room to talk with his daughter.

"Reggie, go home."

"No, I'm not tired." Mr Chambers smiled and tapped his shoulder

"I need a minute with my daughter." Reggie then nodded and went to his her head, that is when she woke up and smiled dazed at him

"Hey, i'll be back soon" she hummed and then he left the two alone, she closed her eyes once more and her father took her hand she opened them as she saw the look on his face

"Why so serious, Daddy." he looked up to her and gave her a soft smile.

"Do you remember when you were about 5 you wanted to be a astronaut." Amaya giggled slightly

"Yeah."

"And you were convinced that if you went to the roof you would float instead of land."

"I hated you so much till you convinced me that I wouldn't because if there was no gravity we would already be floating."

"If I've kept you too close it's only because I love you and I don't want to loose you."

"Daddy, you know you'll never loose me really, there is always apart of me right there." she pointed to his heart and he kissed her hand.

-------

Jughead Jones made his way up the steps of the Mantle residence asReggie was sat outside thinking, he stood up seeing the boy.

"Mantle."

"Jones."

"I, um thought you might want these, there pictures from the show there is even some of just you and Amaya." he handed then the cluster of pictures

"Thanks." Jughead nodded and left. Reggie opened up the there on the first picture was of the two of them.

he smiled softly and sifted through the others

---------

Later on he returned to the hospital and was flicking through a sports magazine when Amaya woke up from her sleep. she groaned softly alerting him, she opened her eyes and upon seeing him there she smiled

"Hey." she said

"Hey he replied going over to give her a kiss. "How you you doing?"

"okay. Look I have something for you." she reached to get and art book and gave it to him

"I have had this for a while, it not only had all the pictures of famous art works but sayings thoughts about what I thinking the painter was thinking and doing around the time." Reggie opened it up

"wow, you have been busy."

"Yeah well I guess art just speaks to me." shellacked the page and pointed "my favourite"

"Starry night by Vincent Van Gogh."

"That one has always spoke to me. I don't know why." She paused for a moment.

"Do you know what I was thinking?"

"What."

"That the universe has a big plan for me and that my journey never ends, my soul lives on in those around me. You were sent to me because I'm sick to make sure I had a happy ending that I always wished for." Reggie looked at her with absolute love a devotion that he leant in and conveyed that in a kiss

-------

The next morning when Reggie arrived to see Amaya she was being wheeled out of her room fully dressed.

"What going on?"

"Reggie please thank you parents for me." she smiled as she was taken away. Reggie looked to Mr Chambers

"What did i miss?"

"Didn't your parents tel you? They paid for Amaya to have private home care." he told him as he went to join his daughter leaving Reggie speechless. He left to to go speak with his parents who were sat in the living room.

"Thank you." he spoke as a couple of tears rolled down his face. his parents looked up and then stood up seeing their son and they embraced him in all the love and comfort they had as he cried in their arms.

--------------

The next night Reggie sat finishing his painting when Mr Chambers came out with a cup of coffee.

"I need to finish this." he looked at the picture that he did.

"She's going to love it. here." he gave Reggie the coffee and he took it gratefully and sipped on the hot liquid.

"Thank you."

-

Reggie finally finished the painting and let it dry he was now about to show Amaya the painting. he stood her in one place then removed the covering, she gasped slightly. The picture was of her as a woodland fairy on a tree at night.

"Reggie, it's beautiful, you painted this"

"Every brush stroke." he told her and she took his hand and with the other traced delicately over the painting.

"Thank you" Reggie sat her down

"Do you love me?" he asked her

"Of course I do." she answered

"Then will you do something for me?" he questioned and she turned to fully look at him

"Anything."

"Will you marry me?" he asked her and a soft beam of a smile came across her face as she nodded a yes.

--------

A couple of months later family and friends of the bride and groom gathered in the church at the end of the school term. Reggie waited anxiously at the end of the aisle. The doors opened and there stood Amaya in her bridle gone arm in arm with her father and a beautiful smile on her face. The two made their way slowly as the entrance music played and within a short amount of time Reggie and Amaya were side by side. Amaya handed her flowers to Betty. The reverend began.

"Love is always patient and kind, it is never jealous" Reggie and Amaya looked at eachother miming I love you.

"Love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offence, and is not resentful. love takes noplesure in other people's  sins, but take delight in the truth, it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure."

"I Reginald Loius Mantle take the Amaya Rose Chambers to be my beloeved wife to love and to cherrish her for the rest of my life."

"I Amaya Rose Chambers take the Reginald Louis Mantle, to be my beloeved husband, to love and to cherrish him for the rest of my life."

They slipped their wedding rings on to eachothers fingers. and sealed their marriage with a kiss

Reggie and Amaya spent their summer together in marrital bliss happy and loving of one another and then not long before school started Amaya passed peacefully in her sleep. Her father and husband were at her bedside.