Reggie x Reader - Meet the Parents

You introduce Reggie to your parents.

Nervous, that was the overwhelming feeling you had that Saturday Afternoon. Your boyfriend of 10  months Reggie was coming over to be introduced to your parents. You had met his last weekend and this time it was the other way around. Your Dad sat reading the paper and your Mom was in the kitchen cooking, your brothers were playing on the Xbox and you kept checking the clock. Having anxiety you decided to get a drink.

"There is no need to be nervous sweetheart." you Mom smiled

"I just want everything to go well." you say taking a large gulp of juice."

"It will, from what you've told me he's a very nice boy."

"It's not you I'm worried about, it's Daddy. He's very protective of me. I dread to think of the grilling questions he'll ask."

"He loves you."

"I know but I just want this to not be a disaster, I really like him Mom, I think I'm even falling for him." your mom smiled softly

"It'll be fine." the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!2 you shout running to the door. On opening it you relaxed a little seeing Reggie standing there with flowers and whiskey. You grinned internally. You Dad loved his whiskey and you advised Reggie to ask his Dad to get some so that he could impress your Dad.

"Hey Babe." you gave him a kiss in greeting.

"Hey, you ready?"

"Nope but I'm here." you chuckled

"Mom! Dad! Reggie's here." you call guiding him into the living room

"Hey man!" you older brothers greeted him

"Hey."

"Reginald." Your Mom entered

"Mrs y/l/n. It's great to meet you."

"It's great to finally meet you too."

"I brought these for you. I know you and y/n love lilies." Your Mom looked at you impressed taking the flowers off of him

"Thank you, they're beautiful." you looked across to your Dad who was still reading the paper.

"Daddy!" you sang and he looked over the news

"Come and say Hello Please." he huffed and stood leaving his paper.

"Mr y/l/n/."

"Reginald." he nodded holding out a hand. Reggie took it and gave him a shake.

"I heard you liked whiskey so I asked my Dad if  he could buy you some." he held out the bottle and he raised his eyes.

"Impressive." you gave a gleam of happiness and your Dad saw replacing it with a steely look once more

"Come in."

"Dinner will be ready soon." Mom told you all and you sat down as your Dad had a try of the whiskey. You gave his hand a squeeze your Dad took a sip and was impressed by the quality

"Your Father has good taste." he commented

"Thank you sir." you talked with Reggie and your brothers till you Mom said she was dishing up. You went to sit down but Reggie pulled out your chair first. you smiled and took your seat. You loved when he did little gentlemen things like that, it was out of the blue and lovely. he sat down next to you as you all began to talk.

"So Reggie, y/n tells me your Captain of the football team." you Dad started

"Yes sir."

"One of the best Captains yet!" you brother hollered but got reprimanded by your Mom for loud voice at the table

"I try my best."

"Modest." Mum gave you a smile

"You've caught him on a good day." your second brother commented "Isn't that right Mantle the magnificent." you snorted while drinking water. trying to cover up giggles.

"Mantle the magnificent?" you Mum questioned as you tried not to laugh.

"Nickname." you replied

"Self made." your eldest brother added

"So..." your Dad drew attention back to him

"What makes you worthy enough to date my only daughter." you groaned, here we go

"You don't have to answer that."

"He does if he wants to keep dating you."

"I'm still going to date him whether you like it or not. Or are you regretting raising me to be a independent woman?"

"y/n it's okay ." Reggie smiled "the truth is despite myself confidences and large ego which apparently I have. I'm lucky she said yes to date me in the first place. I'm Captain of the Bulldogs, and one of the most popular boys in school but I thought she would shoot me down in flames. She's not one for status and food chain but I have known her for a while and she is smart confident, beautiful, kind, caring and most likely half of the nicest things in the dictionary. I'm not the first to try my luck with one of the top three gorgeous girls in school.

So in answer to your question. I don't know but whatever it is she must see what I can't if that makes sense." you kissed his cheek and looked at your Dad who nodded

"What do  you want to do after school." your Mum asked

"Continue football and  make it big time."

"Will you be there for my daughter, she has high aspirations, she needs someone to help her through the hard times."

"Daddy!" you huffed

"I'm thinking about your future sweetheart."

"Well hoping we make it that long as long as it goes both ways." you father continued grilling Reggie till he was satisfied, your Mom taking a softer approach talking to him and getting to know him as well. Soon it was time to go and Reggie said his goodbyes before leaving. Your turned to your parents.

"Well?" you asked

"I like him." your Mom smiled and you gave her a hug then turned to your Dad

"He can stay, for now." you cheered giving him a huge hug, he chuckled returning it.