Archie x Reader - Taking his mind off things

Imagine your Archie's girlfriend during the black hood murders and he is getting really stressed.

You sat there as Archie paced and ranted about the Black hood attacks. Understandably after his Dad being shot right in front of him and Archie feeling powerless to do anything, he made it his personal mission to stop this masked man of terror. But he was making himself ill and it was hurting you to see him like this.

"Archie!" you snapped "Calm down."

"How can I be calm? y/n. A man is out there trying to kill sinners. He killed Miss Grundy." you felt bad for rolling your eyes at his ex fling with the older woman, granted she didn't deserve death but seriously bringing her up in front of you wasn't the best idea. You stood up. taking a deep breath, you felt the need to calm him down.

"I'm going." he stopped

"Where?"

"Out, you need space to think I  have stuff to do." you walked out and started to walk away from the Andrews house. mentally you made a list of things to get before you would return and you set about putting your plan into motion. You told your parents you were gonna be staying at Archie's not doing anything funny of course but they were chilled parents who let you make your own decisions and that kind of stuff.

You gathered up some spare clothes and then you went to the store picking up some stuff for him and then some food. You then talked to Mr Andrews and told him your plan to distract and hopefully simmer down his son. It wasn't much but maybe one day off from everything would help him in some way. He thanked you and let you have free reign of the house. When you got back Archie was out somewhere.

"Archie Andrews you are a mess. How can you even think straight." You thought how you could have missed Archie messy room and dis organised. One of the things you had been raised with is your room is like your mind, if it's messy then you head is messy and your brain can't think properly. Since his Mom left there hadn't been a strict rule of cleanliness so you started with laundry. Your parents were preparing you for life which meant you learnt stuff you would need in the real world whether you were on your own or with someone. So cleaning clothes men or otherwise, didn't faze you.

You didn't go completely overboard it was Archie room after all but you made it look better. Then while the washing was doing you started preparing a meal home cooked fresh meal, you had been learning to cook since you could remember. Watching your Mom and Dad cook and prep things then when you were old enough, you helped as well. The door opened and it was Mr Andrews.

"Something smells good." he smiled as you stood there ironing.

"Homemade lasagne." you replied

"Y/n you didn't have to do all this."

"I wanted to, you two have been through so much both of you getting stressed for plenty of reasons. Me lightening the load even if for one day will help. Besides it knocks a few thing of the list."

"What list?" he asked taking out a soda

"Daily task everyone wish they had time for. The small things make the huge of difference."

"Archie is lucky to have you."

"Meh, I try." you laughed finishing up and taking the clothes to respected rooms.

"So washing, drying and ironing is done. Clothes are on your bed ready to put away. You'll be thankful to hear the smell in Archie room is gone."

"It was bad wasn't it?"

"Most of the time i ignore it but yeah, it was pretty bad. Also as you know I'm from a big family, and in my family not everyone likes the same things so about three different meals gets cooked. I forgot I was only cooking for two so you have enough food  for like two weeks." the door opened as your timer went.

"What's going on?" Archie asked

"You found a good one that's what's going on." Mr Andrews told his son before leaving the room. You as you put the lasagne down on the counter.

"Well you've been so stressed lately , so I am looking after you. A good meal, a shower, clean bed and a good night's sleep."

"y/n" he went to protest.

"Nope, you Archie Andrews are exhausted and you are going to make yourself ill, so I'm in charge. I will be staying the night to make sure you are getting better. I've talked to your Dad and I'm having new lock and security fitted."

"You shouldn't have."

"You're supposed to feel safe at home. You don't, do you really think I will just stand by and watch you go into a downward spiral. I love you Archie Andrews." he softened

"I love you too."

"Good, now go and wash your hands." you gave him a kiss and he left. the three of you had a nice dinner and later you were sat on the floor surrounded by your books, as you ordered Archie to go and take a shower. He came in half dressed and drying his hair.

"Feel better?" you questioned mot looking up.

"Tons." you felt your chin being pulled up making you look at him. He kissed you and naturally you kissed back. Leading you to the bed he showed how grateful he was.

----

Archie had fallen asleep and you looked down at his peaceful and resting face. Not once in the seven hours since he came home that afternoon had the Black hood been mentioned and it wouldn't not for another 17 hours any way. You swore Archie you have 24 hours of goodness, where his thoughts weren't clouded by a mad man.  Giving him a final kiss you fell asleep.

The next morning you were up and making breakfast. Mr Andrews was going to work and you were taking Archie for the day. After breakfast, you and Archie went to see a film then you went around the shops and for lunch and then you went back to his, successfully the mad man had not been mentioned.

"I'm lucky to have you."

"You are." you grinned agreeing, but then it turned softer.

"I know what you're going through it hard, but promise me that you won't let things get bad like this again, your letting him win if you're not on your top game."

"I know, I just needed you to remind me."

"I'm always here. you gave him another kiss.