Reggie - Dying Love 5

From that date came another and another, Reggie walked hand in hand with Amaya into school and out on dates. They talked about almost everything except the huge thing which could make or break them. Amaya kept that to herself. Other members of Riverdale High watched in wonder as the cocky football player turned into a soft teddy bear anytime Amaya was around.

-

Reggie walked Amaya back to her house one night after another date she was smiling happily as was he as they stopped outside her house and shared a kiss. The door opened and Mr Chambers came out.

"Say good night Amaya. Mr Mantle it's late." They bid each other goodnight and then Reggie left. Mr Chambers gave a disapproving look to his daughter

"Your behaviour is irrational, you're acting as if your..."

"In love?" Amaya finished

"You are still a child sweetheart."

"Daddy, I'm not a child, I'm all grown up." she gently took his arms and smiled softly.

"I love him." hearing those word he knew she spoke the truth, he sighed

"Then be fair to him, sweetheart, tell him the truth because I know you haven't." He then took her hand and lead her inside.

-

The next night Reggie met up with Amaya near the clearing. He went up to her and gave her a kiss in greeting.

"Hey, so what did you tell your dad?" he asked

"The truth just that you weren't in it. Can you help me." She pointed to a couple of things that she had brought the canvas and easel while she held the supplies and other things. And they took them the rest of the way.

"So what are you painting this evening" Reggie asked digging through his bag.

"I was thinking the start night. I was how to catch a glimpse of mercury and maybe ad that in there. She up her telescope.

"Is there anything you want to see?"

"Pluto." he answered and she giggled

"You can only see that before morning." she replied slipping off her jacket onto the ground. Reggie smiled at her giggle and pulled out a hot flask

"I know which is why I brought coffee and food as well as these" he the pulled out a blanket

"Are you trying to seduce me Mr Mantle."

"Me? I would never dream of it. Which is why I brought two." he pulled out the second one. Amaya smiled and went to sit with him in between his legs he kissed her temple and she relaxed into him they fit like two pieces of a puzzle.

" So what is number 1?" Reggie wondered and she sighed

" I wanna get married in the same place as my parents did. Daddy told me that in her last days she bought me a wedding dress as her last goodbye to me" she replied....

During that night Amaya painted but it wasn't the starry night like she had planned, she found her new inspiration in Reggie. He was looking up at his phone and she free painted him. The next morning, Reggie got home, His dad had gone to work and so it was just his mother and sister sat at breakfast.

"Hello all."

"Reginald are you just getting in?" his mother asked and he kissed both their heads before sitting down at the table.

"Yep"

"Were you with Amaya again?" his sister teased he rolled his eyes

"I was."