Jughead - Shakesperan Love 5

Dear Veronica

I wanna start by saying i never thought I would have to write this. I never thought that a night could change my life but it did. You are the bestest friend a girl could ask for and i'm sorry for all the trouble I know I'm gonna bring you without being there. In fact I don't know how long after writing this letter that I have had to leave but taking a guess. My parents found out about me and Jughead, they were going to anyway but I guess I always hoped we'd keep it up longer.

I promised myself it wouldn't be a tragic romance which is why I'm taking the change of leaving rather than the Shakespearean way of dying. The truth is I'm scared Ronnie. I'm scared of my parents I'm scared of the world and what they'll make it if I don't have the power to stand up to them. Before writing this I thought of what I could do to make them see sense that their 'war' isn't mine and even though I am young I love him and I don't want to be away from him.

But you know all this, you've seen it play out and been there when others would never understand, even when I did questionable things, you were there supporting my decision. You will never know how grateful I am for that. Yet you know as well as I do you as long as they have hate in their hearts I can never come home.

I don't know where we will end up, but I am hoping for the best and am believing that it can happen and we can whether any storm together. I don't know when I'll get in touch or where or even if I do, I have have movies and tv stories running through my head, making me slightly paranoid. But if I don't please know it's not because I've forgotten about you or that I don't care.

Love Always

Your Bestie

Juliette

----

"Why do you think Juliette ran away?" Sheriff Keller asked Veronica.

"Their parents hate each other, no one knows why but it's like the Capulets vs Montages."

"Romeo and Juliet." Keller replied

"But without the dying. Two families at war, a girl and boy fall in love against all odds. Believe me Sheriff Keller, if Juliette doesn't want to be found, she won't be."

Veronica was walking out the station with her mother when Alice Cooper launched at her.

"Where is she? Your her best friend surely you know where she is."

"I don't know."

"Your lying."

"Alice that's enough." Hermione stepped in.

"No it's okay, Mom." Veronica went to stand right in front of the Coopers.

"I don't know where she is. Juliette is a good friend and she would never put me in the position where I would feel the need to lie to the police to protect her. But i know half the reason she left. You, all of you and your pathetic feud you have going on with the southside. She told me she was actually scared of you, you and what you would do when she knew you had found out. It was obvious that it wasn't going to be pretty but she must have been pretty terrified of what would happen for her to run. I'll tell you the same think I told Sheriff Keller, If she doesn't want her and Jughead to be found she won't. Maybe you should look closer to home before you think about verbally attacking people." she took her mothers arm and left Alice in tears.

----------------------

Six months had gone by since Jughead and Juliette had ran away together and settled in the seaside town of Bridgeway by luck they had gotten jobs. Juliette who was going my the name Marie had gotten a job as a waitress and the local restaurant. Jughead who went by the name Joe was a mechanic. They rented a place on the edge of the town and they made ends meet.