Reggie - Dying Love 4

The next day Reggie made his way onto the porch of the Chambers residence. Amaya was sitting outside reading Harry Potter when she heard him coming.

"You."

"Me." he replied "I won't stay long I just wanted to give you this." he handed her a small gift bag and she took it

"What is it?"

"Look and see." he told her "I'll see you at school." he left giving a brief greeting to Mr Chambers who was just coming out. Amaya opened the bag and took out a small box indies was a necklace. It was a Linkin Park necklace. she held it up and smiled look back to where Reggie had gone.

"Honey." she looked at her father

"I know what your gonna say." he sighed

"You do."

"That some boys like him have expectations and that the rules of this house aren't gonna change which I'm okay with."

"You right. My I know you might not care what I think but what about your mother, she watches down on you."

"I think she wants be to be happy, like she was with you." she kissed his cheek "relax Daddy it's only a necklace. I'm gonna make something to eat okay?" Mr Chambers nodded and she went inside not knowing how bad the next day would be.

----

It started out normal, with classes and such, Amaya and Reggie sharing smiles at each other but came lunch time it all changed, for one Cheryl Blossom was being nice to her and then when they entered the cafeteria she picked up a piece of paper.

"Oh my lord." Cheryl feigned disgust. Amaya was curious too see what was going on and she looked over the red heads shoulder.

"Rocking body girl." she teased. Someone had photoshopped her head onto a near nude body and called her Virgin Mary. Suddenly the walls felt like they were closing in on Amaya and she began to panic. she went to leave but bumped into the safe embrace of Reggie.

"Listen, Listen to me, the has nothing to do with you okay, its to do with me. Just take deep breaths." Amaya nodded. Reggie dropped his bag and snatched the paper of Cheryl.

"Hey man, if I'd of know you were hiding her for a reason, I wouldn't have been on your case." Chuck joked giving out a low whistle." Reggie snapped and shoved Chuck. he went to fight back but Reggie was quick and punched him.

We're done, d'ya here me. Were done."

"Awesome." Reggie left and took Amaya with him. Outside the school, Amaya was still a bit shook up.

"It's okay, do you want me to take you home?" he asked her and she nodded with that he took her to his car and took her home. Once outs the Chambers house the two sat talking.

"I'm sorry for what happened in there."

"It's okay."

"It's not." he sighed " How are you feeling."

"Much better, thank you." there was a small pause before Reggie spoke.

"There was something I wanted to ask you." he said

"Okay."

"I was wondering if you wanted to come out...with me Saturday night." Amaya was a little shocked

"Oh, right... i can't I'm sorry."

"Oh."

"It's not that I do't want to, it's just I'm not aloud to date."

"oh right." he nodded

-------

Reggie walked into the garage where Mr Chambers was doing some paperwork. Reggie cleared his throat and mr Chambers looked up.

"Mr Mantle to what do I owe the pleasure." he sarcastically spoke

"Well Mr Chambers I was wanting to ask your permission to take  Amaya out Saturday night."

"Well i'm afraid that's impossible. Goodbye Mr Mantle"

"Mr Chambers. I know that I haven't treated Amaya they what she should have been and I'm sorry, but over this past weeks I've come to care for her deeply. All am asking is you give me a chance to prove how much." Mr Chamber put down his pen and took off his glasses to look up at him

------

Reggie walked arm in arm with Amaya into the swankest restaurant in Greendale

"I can't believe you got my fathers permission." Amaya giggled

"What was it supposed to be hard?" he joked back as he pulled out a chair for her and she sat down. They ordered food and had a nice time talking about anything that came to mind. Once they finished dessert it was taken away and the still talked until Amaya's eyes drifted over to the dancing.

"Do you wanna dance" she asked him

"No, I don't...I can't dance." he replied

"Don't be silly everyone can even if it's just swaying." she stood up and pulled him to the dance floor the began dancing and he stood on her toes causing her to wince.

"Sorry I told you I was bad"

"It's fine, you did warn me." they began to sway to the soft music

"So what's number one on your list?" he wondered, she just giggled softly and shook her head not telling him, he smiled.

"Okay number one for me. Getting out of Riverdale."

"I don't think getting outs the problem. It's the destination."

"What do you mean?"

"Getting out is easy, but you have to figure out where you want to go, that's the hard part."

"When did you become such a wise person."

"Experience." she smiled and they continued to dance

later on they were driving back to Riverdale and he stopped

"Come on." Reggie got out and  so did Amaya he took her hand and took her her near to the welcome to Riverdale sign.

"Okay one foot here and one foot there." she did as she was told and looked at him.

"What's going on."

"Look" he pointed to the sign "Your in two places at once." Amaya's smile broadened and she hugged him while laughing. He lifted her up and twirled her around. Later on they sat in a car park with a bunch of fake tattoo's

"Which one." she thought about it and pointed to the lightning bolt tattoo."

"Good choice. Where would you like it?"

"My wrist" she pointed to the inside of her wrist." he obliged and transferred the tattoo then blew on it so that it could dry. while he did so he glance toward her.

Later on the walked near sweetwater river talking once again.

"How can you see something and not believe it's a work of art."

"Your lucky you can be so sure of it."

"It's everywhere especially in the little things, the way it makes you feel. Like there is light in the darkness it. take the water for example." she began to walk backwards.

"watch how it moves, past the rocks over the rocks and it's so intricactly joined with other molecules of the water, when the moon hits it at different angles it looks a different way. To capture that moment"

"How does it make you feel."

"Comfort, Joy, love, happiness. Like all I wanna d is live in the moment of beauty." she stopped and he looked at her in wonder.

"I might kiss you." he told her

"I'd be terrible at it."

"That's not possible." he took the last few paces to her and cupped her cheek before leaning down and pressing his lips against hers. She kissed back. They pulled away.

"Amaya...I love you." there was a silence from her end as she didn't know what to say

"Now would be the time to say something."

"I told you not to fall in love with me ." he smiled softy but leant in and kissed her