Reggie - Dying Love 3

The next night Amaya was out alone when Reggie saw her heading towards the woods. He changed his direction and followed her.

"Hey." he called making her stop and turn.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned

"Could ask you the same thing"

"I asked first." he replied and she had a ghost of a smile taking a torch out of her bag and switching it on.

"Why don't you come and see?" she turned round and walked through the woods till she came to a clearing. she dropped her bag and opened it up taking out various object to form a telescope and then she took out her art supplies.

"This is my telescope I built it when I was 11. Take a look." he did so

"Saturn."

"I come out her and draw what I see day and night either sight is beautiful."

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Reggie said

"That it is." Amaya replied

"I come out here because it makes me feel closer to my mom. I imagine her when I look through there and paint on  here." she held up her sketch pad

-----------------

Amaya walked up to Reggie and his friends the next day at school. they were already laughing about something or another.

"Hey Mantle." she greeted "So I'll see you after school?" the other football players looked like she grew another head and waited for Reggie to answer.

"In your dreams maybe." he joked and held out his hand to Chuck who high fives him. Amaya was stunned for a second. Then got the message leaving to the insults of the rest of the team.

Later on that day, Amaya was harmonising parts of the song when the doorbell rang both her and her father looked at the door before Amaya stood up to answer. There Reggie stood trying to find the words. But she closed the door on him before he could get them out.

"Come on Amaya, open the door please." she yanked it open and stepped out.

"What do you want." she asked in a cooled manner

"Someone's in a bad mood."

"You're smarter than you look."

"Well I was thinking we could run lines again." he answered

"As long as nobody knows right?"

"Well i was thinking we could blow them away with our performance"

"oh so what you really mean is we could be secret friends right."

"Yes, you totally read my mind."

"Great, maybe you could read mine." she gave him a fearsome glare and then headed back inside.

"Seriously! Amaya!" He called then huffed when he got not response "Shit!" he yelled and Mr Chambers came storming out. Reggie backed off and left.

-

During the next few weeks. Reggie helped tutor and break through to Alex using football making Amaya smile a little on seeing them. He also reversed the pay in the theatre and at home trying hard on his own to memorise his lines. While rehearsing with Amaya though he began to feel different towards the outcast girl.

He couldn't explain it but it felt like as he was growing through the play he saw her grow as well into someone no one else took them time to see. He then thought that maybe she had always been like that and he was only now realising it. Reggie was doing the one thing he was so sure he would do.

He was falling for her.

When it came time for the play nearly all of the cast was rushing around making final touches.

"Where's Amaya? has anyone seen Amaya?" Mrs Denver asked looking all around for the girl. Reggie glanced around and from the dressing rooms out came Amaya in her costume. Reggie stopped short.

"You called for me Mrs Denver."

"Ah there you are, you look beautiful, my dear. Places everyone! It's showtime." she called and everyone took their places.

They play was going off without a hitch and the audience seemed to be memorised by the story. Mr an Mrs Mantle sat proudly watching their boy become a man. Mr Chambers shed a tear of how his daughter looked so much like her mother. It came time for Amaya's solo it was just her and Reggie on stage

only hope

Reggie had become mesmerised and captured by the young woman that was infant of him and he reacted on gut instinct. just before the curtains closed he leant over and kissed her.

After the show his parents gave him so much praise about how much he had grown, he thanked them kindly but his eyes wondered to the girl wearing a sleeveless ac/dc t-shirt and a flannel shirt with jeans. She was talking with her Dad as they walked out.

"Here don't stay out too long." his Mum handed back his car keys then left.

---------------

Reggie didn't managed to catch up with Amaya, so he tried looking for her in the library and the art classes. when he did find her she was having lunch on her own a few days later. He sat down next to her.

"People can see." she sang

"What is it going to hurt your reputation." Amaya rolled her eyes "What's that?" she held up Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire."

"I'm reading all of J. K Rowling's work"

"Is it on your list."

"What do you care?" she the took a gulp of her pop and burped. Reggie sighed rubbing his face then tried again.

"Look, Amaya, I'm really trying here. Maybe, I miss spending time with you. Maybe you inspire me."

"I call bullshit."

"On which part."

"All of it." she got up and left putting her book back in her bag as she made her way to her car.

"Amaya! Amaya wait!" Reggie shouted running past other students

"You don't the first thing about being an actual friend."

"I don't want to be just your friend."

"You have no clue on what you want."

"Neither do you. Your scared that someone might actually want to be with you."

"Why would that scare me?" she rounded on him

"Because then you wouldn't be able to hide behind books or your art, or your snappy comebacks." she scoffed and went to leave but he stopped her

"No you know the real reason your scared. Is because you might feel the same too." Amaya yanked her arm away and headed for her car leaving school

-------

Reggie was prating passes with Austin in his garden and the two were talking.

"Where you been Reg."

"What you talking about" Reggie asked throwing the ball back to him confused

"Well it's like you don't have time for your real friends no more.  Some of the guys are beginning to think you've gone soft."

"Well i'm just over it, you know."

"It's her isn't it? She's changed you."

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. All I know is, is that when I'm around her I wanna be better." he told his friend honestly.