Reggie x Reader Fake Beau Part 2

You and Reggie had working out the details of your relationship. You also find out that his friends had dared him to get a girlfriend. He just decided to make it a little more for the both of you. Despite you were a dare, you actually no longer cared. His friends stopped nagging thinking he was getting some and you would make Jughead mad and possibly jealous. Not enough for a breakup but enough for a twisted satisfaction. In fact you had become a weird kind of friends with the football player. You got the perks of a relationship but not the downfall, like paranoia of a ending love or heartbreak. You agreed that when a 'fake breakup' came around, it would be a amicable one and you would stay friends.

You strutted into the lounge and saw Reggie with his friends and Archie with the others.

"Y/N!" Archie called and you smiled walking over.

"Hey Archie. Betty, Veronica, Jughead."

"You seem chipper." Veronica smiled

"Am I? I thought I was always like this. So what's the sitch?"

"Erm." They looked at each other.

"Missed something?" you wondered

"No it's just?"

"Why are you dating him?! Jughead randomly questioned

"Excuse me?"

"Mantle, I mean he's so not your type." You chuckled

"I have a type now, news to me." Oh my gosh, you were barley even trying with Reggie, all the PDA you were doing was a few kisses, hugs, occasional sitting on the lap. You had been spending a lot of time together but the two of you had guess the minimal was working and you never actually needed to go OTT

"He's a jock, no offence Archie."

"I am aware of that. I am also aware that I don't have to try hard."

"What are you talking about?" Betty asked

"You haven't noticed? Ouch, I mean Jughead you're great and all, really and I loved you but, I didn't realised how draining you are. Like emotionally." It was true, Reggie and you were friends with the title BF and GF but you felt like you had to be something with him, well with all of them.

"Don't get me wrong you was jealous, pissed and upset that you dumped me for her, I honestly had no clue what she had that you didn't. But seriously, you sucked the life out of me. So to answer your question what do I seen in him? Life, even if we don't last long at least I'm not suffocating in your inner turmoil."

"Everything alright?" Reggie decided to slip his arm around your waist.

"Is it? Jughead." You silently challenged him. Come on an make my dare admit you actually still care.

"Yes, just peachy."

"Come on, Babe." he took you away and sat down making you sit on his knee

------

Later on you sat at Pops with him doing home work.

"Did you mean what you said earlier?" Reggie asked sitting across from you.

"What?"

"The whole no longer being jealous?" You put your pen down to look at him fully

"Yes. Don't get me wrong I still have satisfaction when he get's pissed at the thought of me moving on with you. But maybe I wasn't the right person with him. I couldn't deal with his life and mine. I felt to much pressure to be something I'm not. I was hurt that he dumped me but now I couldn't be happier. Guess that's thanks to you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, if you hadn't come up with this and I would still be sat alone moping and glaring holes ito the back of their heads. I grew up to much too soon and I was way to serious. With you and all of this, I've become a lot more happier and freer who knew having a fake boyfriend could be beificial." You saw his expression change to one of sadness.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing?"

"Reggie, I know that look. I was the Queen of that look."

"I lied."

"Lied?" You didn't get what he was saying

"Yeah, there was no dare, I always knew Jones still cared. I lied to you."

"Then why did you do this?" You felt hurt again

"I saw what he was doing to you, I saw and I hated it, you're a great girl y/n. The Greatest, he was lucky to have you and he made you sad and cry. I wanted to make it better but I knew that you would never date me willingly so I lied and gave you a reason of revenge. But I fell more and more in love with you." You shook your head and covered your face.

"y/n" You groaned hearing Jughead, this was the last thing you wanted right now was him talking to you.

"Are you alright? Has he hurt you?"

"GET LOST JUGHEAD!" You shout "This is none of your business. Why are you even here?"

"I care about you?"

"Really? Where was that care when you broke up with me during the shittiest time in my life for the skank that dresses as a hooker?" You sneer.

"I..."

"Don't you dare say you're sorry because you're not. Let's be honest here you're pissed at the fact I'm with him. He's the reason you're even speaking to me again." I turned my attention to Archie

"Take him away now before I get arrested for assault." He did as you asked and took Archie away wit Veronica and Betty.

"You are and idiot, Reggie Mantle. A dumbo. Leave it to you to try and find a easy and sneaky way of being nice."

"You're not mad?"

"Oh, I'm fuming, that you lied to me again. But the huge fact of I might be in a coffin if you hadn't stepped in with your crazy idea is not making me throttle you."

"I don't get it."

"I went through some tough crap, when he broke up with me. He added to a pile of shit which didn't make me feel good enough for this world. I kept asking why her and not me. Maybe I was this and Maybe I was that. Maybe I didn't deserve a life. This stupid thing made me see different in a weird, twisted and difficult to explain way." You pulled his face closer. and kissed him. A real kiss with real feelings for the boy who saved you and gave you a purpose even if it was revenge. You broke off.

"However, if you lie to me again or hurt me like he did. I will castrate you and leave nothing of your manhood, do you understand me?"

"Crystal clear." he gulped and you kissed him again