Reggie - Dying Love 2

With him being benched and his time been taken away from football for a while it was now time for drama he was thinking he'd get a job backstage, something easy.

"This years Spring Musical is about the 1920s, involves gangsters, prohibition and love, written by our own Frank Bachelli music and lyrics by Amaya Chambers. Now to the casting Amaya will play Katherine out club singer and female lead." Amaya smile at her fellow drama club friend

"Ronnie will be played by...Reggie Mantle." Reggie looked up shocked

"What no. i was thinking something back stage not...not acting."

"Time to broaden your horizons Mr Mantle let's see if we can lift that football star facade. Anyway." she went on to cast the other students in their rolls as Reggie flunked even more into his chair. how had his life come to this he thought.

--------

Once again Reggie was waiting to be picked up, his parents had grounded him and removed the use of his car so he was supposed to be getting a lift from Austin one of his fellow football players but he was no where in sight. Amaya saw this and walked up to him.

"Would it kill you to try?"

"Yes I'm to handsome to die young." Amaya roles her eyes.

"Fine, so you don't care about classes or graduating but you love school well more like football because your good at it and it makes you the most popular you'll ever be because to nearly everyone high school knows that the real world and working will be more cruel."

"Now who's being predictable."

"Yeah well your act only works on a audience." she turned on her heal and walked off leaving him once again. She started up her car and looked up. there in front of her was Reggie, he made his way to her drivers side she rolled down her window.

"Feeling generous?" he asked

"why?"

"Because I've been ditched and I need a ride back home." Amaya thought for a second and nodded he made his way to the passenger side and got in then she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Seatbelt please." Reggie sighed and did his seatbelt as Amaya put on the radio, Linkin Park's In the end was playing and Amaya smiled and began drumming her fingers to the music.

"you like Linkin Park?"

"You don't their music is so real." she replied glancing at him for a moment then at the road

" Just didn't think you were the rocker type"

"You only know what you see about me." they lapsed into a small silence.

"15."

"15 what?"

"Number 15 on the list of things I want to do. Make nice with someone I don't like." she told him.

"What like upgrade personality or dress better"

"Become a doctor, join doctors without borders."

"Ambitious." Reggie commented

"be in two places at once get a henna tattoo and regular one."  she listed off a few more.

"What's number one?" he wondered

"Well I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Don't make me put all the work in." Reggie chuckled he then saw his friends and ducked causing a small smirk to appear of Amaya's face.

Later on in the week Austin was helping out Reggie with his lines but he was struggling, he had three weeks to learn them and he wasn't even close to memorising them all. That's when Reggie had an idea. he had a free period which by the laws of forever meant Amaya had one too, she was at her locker going through some things.

"Amaya." she looked back

"What do you want Carter, we both know your not one for starting conversations unless its catcalling." Amaya breathed "What can I do for you?"

"I need help with my lines." she grabbed some books and closed her locker

"Okay I'll light a candle and pray for you." she walked away.

"No, Amaya."

"Clearly it's been a while since you've needed help, you've lost your touch. A request from you to me requires flattery and grovelling maybe even bended knees. Convince me why I should help you ."

"Because Frank deserves the best and if I screw up everyone else will look bad and Drama will go further down the food chain probably loserville. Please Amaya"

"You like that term don't you. Loserville. Fine I'll help you on one condition."

"Which is."

"You won't fall in love with me." Reggie chuckled

"I doubt that's gonna happen." she seemed satisfied with his answer.

"Okay, meet me after your janitorial duties at school." she took out a scrap of paper and wrote down her address.

"Goodbye Mantle."

------

Reggie Mantle is come here, why here. Why him." Amaya's father asked irritated

"Because he's the main male lead and is for the better of everyone that he doesn't screw up. Besides I thought we agreed that I could spend my time and life in the manner I see fit."

"I know and I trust you it's him I don't trust."

"It's running lines Daddy, not making out." the doorbell rang and Amaya went to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hey." she let him in

"I left my script in my room I'll be right back." Reggie nodded and looked around Amaya's living room there were pictures of her through the years and some of her parents, she then saw art align the walls with little plaques beneath them

By Amaya Age 4

By Amaya age 8

By Amaya aged 12

By Amaya aged 15

"Some of her finest works." Reggie jumped at the sound of Amya's father speaking.

"Mr Chambers. Reggie Mantle." he offered his hand but Mr Chambers didn't take it and Reggie dropped his hand.

"Thanks for letting me run lines with Amaya."

"I didn't let you. She did, let's get one thing straight Mr Mantle I know you and your type don't you be luring my Amaya into anything unsavoury. Make sure it's just lines"

"Ready?" Amaya asked coming back down the steps

"I'll be in the study if you need anything sweetheart."

"Okay." Amaya chirped and sat down leading to Reggie to do also