The Reunion

You just finished all your work for the day and you were closing up your classroom. All day you've had this feeling that someone was watching you and all you want to do is get home safely.
As you exit the school you hear a familiar voice from behind you.
Bucky- out of all the places I thought you'd end up.. this was always the one that surprised me the least. *smirk*
Y/N- You shouldn't be here
Bucky- We need to talk
Y/N- We have nothing to talk about Buck
Bucky- They're back!
You stop dead in your tracks. You turn to face Bucky. You look at him almost daring him to say the name.
Bucky- Hydra is back and they are looking for you. You were their most valuable asset they aren't about to just let you go. I came to warn you that if you want to stay out of this then you need to run.
Y/N- I'm not running. I finally have a life Bucky and a family here. I can't run not anymore.
Bucky- Then get ready to fight because they're coming.
Y/N- Why would they want me? Honestly I don't think I know how to fight anymore.
Bucky- They know who you are y/n.
Y/N- Was.. who I was. She is no longer apart of me.
Bucky- she will always be apart of you Y/N
Y/N- Yeah just like the Winter Soldier will always be apart of you.
Bucky- yeah and that's something I have to deal with everyday and knowing they gave me the very abilities we need to stop them... you bet your ass I'm gonna make sure he is still apart of me.
Y/N- Well I've dealt with my past and I want nothing to do with this. I'm finally free and I am done fighting someone else's war.
Bucky- This is your war Y/N. If you wanna run and you won't fight then get ready to say goodbye to the life you've made here because you know better than anyone what Hydra will do to get what they want.
Y/N- yeah... I do.
You look at Bucky and your eyes meet. You can see he is worried but not for himself.. for you. All of the troubles you were facing seemed to disappear when you looked into his eyes. Bucky leaned in close and whispered
Bucky- Do you ever regret that day?
You felt the tears start to well up. You looked at him and said
Y/N- Bucky.. *you put your hand on his cheek* I will regret that day till my dying breath
Bucky started to lean in closer when the sound of gun fire broke the silence and the next thing you knew you were flying backwards through the air.
You get up and look around there is fire and smoke everywhere. Your ears are ringing and you can't hear a thing. You start to look around for Bucky but you can't find him.
You hear someone shouting your name.
-Y/N
You try to find where the voice is coming from when suddenly someone grabs your arm. You turn ready to punch and you see it is Bucky.
Y- Don't scare me like that! There are people trying to kill us and you think it's a good idea to sneak up on me *you say as you are hitting his good arm*
Bucky- shhhh get down
You both crouch behind what was once your car and try to get a good look at what's going on.
Y- What just happened
Bucky- That big SUV came around the corner and tried to light us up.
Y- Well I think they somewhat succeeded at that.
Bucky- Yeah.... you good?
Y- I'll be fine but we are sitting ducks here. We need to find a way out.
Bucky peaks over the hood and sees the Hydra symbol on the SUV that fired at you. While he is looking 4 Hydra agents jump out of the SUV and start to make their way toward you and Bucky.
Bucky- *sarcastically* y/n you will never believe who it is.
You roll your eyes and smile. You bust out the back window of your car and grab your weapons
Y- So buck.. we gonna do this like old times. *you say as you are getting your weapon ready*
Bucky- *he looks at you and smiles*  I thought you'd never ask.
You give him a playful jab in his side.
Y- let's go
You both tuck and roll around opposite ends of the car and you "go to work"

You end up in Hand to Hand combat with a Hydra agent and you do what Black Widows do best. When you've taken care of the last Hydra agent you hear Bucky yell at you..
Bucky- "don't know how to fight anymore" my ass!!
You roll your eyes and laugh. Out of nowhere see a jet lands on the other side of the parking lot. You get ready for another fight when Bucky runs over and says...
Bucky- it's okay, they're with me.
Once the jet lands the doors open and out steps
Steve, Natasha, Sam, Thor, Wanda, and Peter
Steve steps off the jet and walks over to you and Bucky.
Steve- Hey are you both okay?
Bucky- Yeah we're good. *Bucky smiles and looks at you*
Steve- We need to get out of here. I'm sure more Hydra agents are on the way.

You make you way to the jet. Steve and Bucky are walking in front of you. You look up and Bucky is offering you his hand to help you climb in. A memory that you wished you could forget flashes in your mind. You realize Bucky is looking at you concerned.
Y/N- oh sorry... * you take his hand* thanks.
When the door has closed you can feel the jet take off and your stomach starts doing flips. Bucky and Steve notice
Steve- Hey are you alright?
Y/N- Yeah... I just haven't been on a plane in awhile. Didn't have the greatest experience in the last one I was on.
Bucky knows exactly what you were talking about and realizes why you hesitated to get on the jet with him. It was clear to everyone that neither one of you were going to explain what happened so Bucky quickly moves on.
Bucky- uhm moving on.... Hey everyone this is Y/N. We umm used to work together...
Peter- so she was a brainwashed assassin too?
Everyone stares at Peter.
Bucky- Technically.... yes. 
Thor- Who cares she seems fine now and she kicks ass. Welcome!
Wanda- Yeah you were amazing! Actually the way you fought reminded me of....
Wanda was cut off
Nat- long time no see.
Finally a familiar face
You breath a sigh of relief and You hug Nat
Y/N- I've missed you Nat.
Peter- You know Natasha too... wait... are you a Black Widow *he says is a whisper like it was a secret*
Y/N- *you lean in and whisper back* Yes.
Peter leans back and looks amazing like he was just told the biggest secret ever. He then realizes that everyone else seems to already knew and he reminds himself that he really needs to start paying attention in the mission briefs.
You smile and laugh to yourself. Everyone settles in for the trip back to the compound.

Bucky finds a seat next to you.
Bucky- you were thinking about the plane ride from Siberia weren't you?
You look at Bucky with tears in your eyes.
Y/N- Yes.. I'm so sorry Buck. I know that's not you anymore and your good now... like really good but... and I know it was kinda my fault and I know I asked... *the end of your sentence trails off*
Bucky- I know... I understand. I wish we weren't put in that position. But I think it's safe to say it all worked out.... eventually. I just hope we can find a way to work past it.
You smile at him and gently lay your head on his shoulder.
Bucky- Also if you want to get real specific and start pointing fingers 1) You started it that day and 2) you asked me to do what I did so...
You punch his arm and he laughs. *Bucky kisses your forehead*  Bucky- I really am sorry for what happened that day and for the position you were put in. *you put your hand on his face and kiss his cheek*  you rest you head on his shoulder again and think to yourself *It's just like it used to be... before*

As you are drifting off to sleep you hear Peter talking to Thor
Peter- You think she'd go for me?
Wanda and Sam start to laugh under their breath
Thor- In your dreams Spider Boy
Nat- She is super strong, ages really slowly, and basically can't be killed.... what I'm trying to say is.. she'd eat you alive kid.
Peter- oh come on! I could help her settle in and get comfortable with the place.
Sam-  She looks pretty comfortable already.
You let out a laugh. You snuggle into Bucky's arms. You drift off to sleep to the sound of the others teasing Peter and Bucky's heartbeat.
The memory from earlier plays over and over in your head. It's your real life nightmare that haunts your dreams.