"The last 5 years"

*You go to leave the room*
Bucky- where are you going?
Y/N- remember last night..
Bucky- oh I remember last night *he smiles and pulls you closer*
Y/N- Not that! Well... yes but before that. I made plans with Peter.
Bucky- oh yeah... okay well go make friends.. play nice.
*you lean in close enough that your lips will touch if you speak*
Y/N- I always do *you give him a little peck and walk out of the room*
*Bucky falls backwards on the bed with the biggest smile on his face* 

You find the kitchen and when you walk around the corner and smack right into Steve.
Y/N- sorry!!
Steve- it's okay! That will teach me not to hang out around corners.
*You smile and walk to the fridge*
Steve- So how was the reunion?
*you can tell he is trying not to laugh about the events of last night*
Y/N- It was amazing... even after your intrusion.
Steve- Good! I'm glad you two were able to talk and.... and I'm gonna stop talking cause I'm realizing how weird this conversation is.
*you laugh*
Steve- But really.. I'm glad he found you.
Y/N- How did he find me? Did Nat tell him?
Steve- Yeah.. it was while he was on the run after Shield fell... We caught up to him a couple times and Nat mentioned how we could use more Avengers like him and others. She said she knew a women who could help us.. like Bucky and her combined.. That was enough for Bucky because he left and we didn't see him again until the U.N. Bombing.
Y/N- He wanted to pick up where we left off but everything was still fresh for me. I was scared so I told him to get lost.. but he didn't.. he kept checking up on me.. I just wish I could have let myself trust him then. We could have been together all this time... who knows where we would be or what our life would look like now.
Steve- you trust him now.... you're with him now.. that's all that matters. You start from here.
*you wipe a tear away from your face*
Y/N- making me cry before my coffee Rogers... not cool.
*Steve laughs and wraps you up in a hug* *he steps away and you start to walk out of the kitchen*
Steve- y/n, I feel I should tell you... he knows what happened between us during the snap.
Y/N- What?!? You had no right to tell him Steve!
Steve- He deserved to know.. I knew he would understand.
Y/N- I had a one night stand that turned into a year long relationship with his best friend and you thought he would just "understand"
Steve- I knew he would understand because I told him the truth... that we found each other and we were both grieving and we needed something to take our minds off of it all. I told him that when you eventually left me you did so because I couldn't be him.. how you cried yourself to sleep every night because all I did was remind you of what you had lost. And how even when you tried to move on you couldn't because your love for him was and is so great. I had to tell him.. he's my best friend I couldn't keep it from him.. plus he kind of found out himself.
Y/N- Wow... hearing it out loud makes it sound even worse... You heard me cry every night?
Steve- yup..
Y/N- I'm sorry Steve
*you and Steve laugh*
Y/N- I never should have been with you... it wasn't fair to you. I knew I wasn't okay..
Steve- You we're going through it... we both were. Neither one of us should have pursued that relationship but we did... we both did. That's why I had to tell him.
*you look at Steve*
Y/N- Still... I should have been the one to tell him Steve.
Bucky- don't be upset with Steve.. I made him tell me everything. I kind of assumed that something happened and he just confirmed it for me.
*your stomach drops and you turn around*
Y/N- Bucky I...
Bucky- look it's all in the past. I was going to ask you about it later today *Bucky shoots Steve a look*  I just want to know your side. And If what Steve said was true
Y/N- Yes Bucky.. every word
Bucky- okay
Y/N- okay? You're not gonna yell or get mad?
Bucky- Well when Steve told me about a month ago I was upset. But then we found out Hydra was back. I actually found out because he brought up saving you before I even had the chance. 
Bucky-  That is when I knew something was up. So I asked him and he just confirmed it but he helped me realize that It was a relationship that was brought on by shared trauma. And technically we hadn't been together in what? 5 years.. 10 if you add in the time I was snapped. How could I be mad at you... or Steve? I was tired of grudges and old mistakes ripping people apart so I let it go. I just want to be with you and start the life we fought so hard for on the plane from Siberia. *He runs his hand through your hair and he gives you the sweetest kiss. Your heart just melts*
Bucky- Besides it would have been silly for me to assume that there wasn't going to be anyone else during those 10 years. I mean look at you!?! *Bucky steps back and "checks you out"*
Steve- Okay I'm gonna be sick if y'all don't stop.
*Bucky puts his arm around you and gives Steve a daring smile*
Bucky-  Hey Y/N, guess what a little birdie told me... * Bucky says all of this without breaking eye contact with Steve*
Steve- you wouldn't *he says shooting the same look back at Bucky*
Y/N- Oo Spill!
Bucky- I wasn't the only one who had company last night. Steve... do you have anything you want to share?
Steve- Nope...
*Nat walks through the kitchen wearing Steve's t-Shirt. You all watch her as she grabs an apple and leaves the kitchen*
Y/N- you were saying??
Steve- don't you have a date with Peter? *Steve said this in a way to try and embarrass you but it didn't work*
Y/N- oh yeah!
Bucky- whoa whoa I don't know how I feel about...
Y/N- Peter!! Has anyone seen Peter? *you say as you are walking out of the kitchen*
*Bucky looks at Steve*
Bucky- Answer me this... How exactly did it end... you never told me. Also who else knew?!?
Steve- Nat was the only one who knew about us... How it ended... well when we both realized she was never going to get over you we knew the relationship wouldn't last. So one day she just left..
*Bucky stands a little straighter and he gives Steve a smug look*
Bucky- Well what can I say.. the Women always preferred me over you.
*Steve laughs and gives Bucky a shove. Bucky just smiles*
Steve- I ran into her about 5 months later and she was teaching at the school and she was in therapy for her Time with Hydra/PTSD and... well everything involving you... she was a lot better.. we tried again but I knew I wasn't going to stop until I got everyone back and the moment you came back she'd leave me in the dust... so we decided it was best if we remained friends.
Bucky- ouch... sorry buddy.
Steve- ehh it's alright.. *Steve looks over to where Nat is sitting* I'm really happy with Nat.. I think we could really have something.
*Bucky smiles and gives Steve a pat on the back*
Bucky- I'm happy for you man.
Steve- Thanks
*You are outside with Peter*
*Steve looks over to where you and Peter are sitting and then looks back at Bucky*
Steve- Is she really okay Buck.... I mean it took her a long time to get to a good place... but that dream she had on the jet last night... You know she wasn't de-programmed like you... it's all still in there for her.
Bucky- I know... but we need to handle Hydra first then maybe we can take her to Wakanda and see if they can help her. I just hope nothing happens before then.
Steve- Hey we are all here for her Buck... we are going to keep her safe as best we can... and on that note, Tony needed us.. you coming?
Bucky- Ya I'm right behind you.
*Bucky looks at you through the window. You see him and wave. He smiles and waves back. He then leaves to go find Steve and Tony*