Chapter 209 - Skill of a Shadow Dancer

"You guys should stay here a while longer to clear your red names. When we're all good, I'll take everyone to go levelling with me," Nie Yan said. He could only wait until they were no longer branded as PKers to bring them to Everlasting City; otherwise, they would be besieged by guards as soon as they set foot in Calore.

There weren't enough Sub-Elite and Elite Scaled Frogs to go around, so most were left hunting ordinary Scaled Frogs.

"Boss, your name is also red. How come you can enter the city without being attacked?" Summer Bug voiced out his doubts.

"When your Influence in Calore reaches 30 points, you can walk around freely with a red name," Nie Yan replied. A player had to complete many high-difficulty quests to accumulate that much Influence. He felt such an undertaking was too difficult for the vast majority of player base at the current stage of the game.

"It's that difficult...? My Influence in Calore is only at 2 points. I got them from helping an NPC in a quest, but completing that damned thing nearly drove me mad!" Undying Scoundrel couldn't help but lament, rolling his eyes back in shock.

The others also felt exasperated at Nie Yan's revelation. Unless they encountered some sort of quest with amazing rewards, getting 30 Influence was temporarily out of the scope of their ability.

"Keep farming Scaled Frogs. We'll set off when you've all cleared your red names," Nie Yan said. He specifically bought 1,000 Magic Bombs to power level them directly to Level 30. It was enough to let them level up to their heart's content.

Most of the group dispersed to continue grinding Scaled Frogs, leaving behind Nie Yan, Yao Yao, Yu Lan, and Bai Kaishui.

Nie Yan chatted with them for a while about the previous incident outside of Black Flame Forest. Back then, they fought side by side, killing many enemy players. Yu Lan wasn't able to make it to the end, however, dropping several levels and losing all her gear. The guild was able to provide her with a new set of equipment, and she was now Level 23 thanks to the efforts of Yao Yao. With this, the strength of the Blue Feather Team also slowly recovered.

"I still haven't personally thanked you for last time," Nie Yan said to Yu Lan and Bai Kaishui.

"It's nothing, Boss. The incident last time only happened because a member of our team sold you out. Even though that person is gone, it was still our fault to some degree," Bai Kaishui said in a serious tone.

Yu Lan nodded in agreement. The calamity that befell her team-especially the betrayal-caused her to be deeply aggrieved. Fortunately, her team had fully recovered by now, and with the backing of Asskickers United, they achieved even more success than before. Joining Nie Yan's guild could also be considered a good outcome birthed from a setback.

"Alright, let's not linger on unpleasant matters." Nie Yan laughed. He glanced at the surroundings, then turned to Yao Yao and asked, "Why didn't I see Sun?"

"He went scouting for Sub-Elites and Elites. I'll send him a whisper," Yao Yao replied. Only now did she realize that she hadn't seen him in quite a while.

"It's fine. Let's go hunt Scaled Frogs for the time being," Nie Yan said. He wanted to see if he could get a Slaughter Fiend Medallion to drop.

The group of players scattered around the map to hunt monsters. With their strength, they were picking off the ordinary Scaled Frogs like it was child's play. However, this was only to be expected. After all, the quality of their equipment wasn't any bit inferior to that of the top players from the large guilds!

Nie Yan found a corner where he holed himself up in to fight Scaled Frogs. After comprehending the mysteries of a Shadow Dancer, he started applying some of the techniques he remembered from his past life in combat.