Chapter 228 - Killing Clear Sky

When they saw Nie Yan disappear, Clear Sky and his men felt their hearts tighten.

With his ability to hide under stealth, Nie Yan was undoubtedly worthy of his reputation. Trying to keep track of him was truly a difficult task. This was the Mad Rogue, after all! If he took action, he definitely wouldn't fail!

"Everyone, attack!" Clear Sky roared. His men charged at their enemies, but he was still worried. Nie Yan's abrupt disappearance left him rather unsettled. He couldn't help but suspect that Nie Yan was coming after him.

Clear Sky had hundreds of Azure Falling Sky players in close formation around him, creating a solid line of defense. Plus, Clear Sky himself was in the densest part of this massive army. Even the Mad Rogue wouldn't be able to threaten him here!

"Priests, Illuminate!"

"Paladins, Eyes of the Divine!"

The Azure Falling Sky players nervously called out for skills that would reveal a player in stealth. Rays of light pierced through various parts of the battlefield as they tried to locate Nie Yan.

Right there!

A Priest noticed an approaching silhouette five meters away from himself, but had no time to react. His comrades didn't notice a thing as the shadow passed by him. He felt a dagger stabbing into his throat and reflexively jumped back in horror.

Terrified by the thought of having lost his life just now, the Priest instinctively grabbed at his throat, finding neither the dagger nor the blood he was expecting. His throat was fine. It was just his imagination fueled by fear. The dagger had swiped within centimeters of his throat as Nie Yan passed by.

Nie Yan had missed on purpose to scare him as he brushed past. Had he really attacked, then his stealth would've broken.

This intimidation tactic proved to be extremely effective. The Priest, despite having noticed him, didn't dare to wantonly draw attention to Nie Yan. If the Mad Rogue was irked by him, he could die without ever seeing where the attack came from!

Nie Yan threaded through dozens of players in a blur. He flashed by so quickly that none of them even had the time to breath, much less attack. His speed reached frightening heights as he left the Azure Falling Sky elites he passed far behind.

This was the speed of a Shadow Dancer!

When one's speed and evasion reached a certain point, they would form a certain resonance. By complementing each other perfectly, both would soar to even higher levels!

This was the ultimate manifestation of the system's data. When an object was in movement, it could enter a state of resonance. The system used its unique method to simulate a virtual universe that closely resembled reality. The laws of physics within were all determined by its calculations. Gravitational acceleration, kinematics, the rules of magic, and even one's strength, intelligence, and dexterity all followed the directives of the system. Additionally, it even defined an extremely rich history, the detailed Atlanta Continent, and the rest of the game's universe. This was the mesmerizing world of Conviction.

When a player advanced into their ultimate class title, they would have an opportunity to comprehend the natural laws of this virtual world.

All these laws were manifested from immense amounts of data.

After comprehending these laws, you could utilize the virtual world's data to bring about absolute power. Where a regular player might only be able to add two statistics to show off their powers, an ultimate class player could use a connection between the two in the laws in order to multiply those statistics. These multiplications would result in far greater results than mere additions could possibly achieve.