Chapter 215 - Chapter of Harmony

A rustling sound came from the trees beside Nie Yan, who spun around just in time to spot a player in white robes stepping out from behind the undergrowth.

"I'm Black Heaven," Black Heaven explained, after seeing Nie Yan tightly gripping his dagger. He walked up to Black Hell's corpse. He never thought his big brother would lose. Because in his mind, his big brother had always been invincible. He couldn't help but spend a little while longer observing Nie Yan. The Mad Rogue, whose name was renowned across the entire Viridian Empire, didn't look much older than him.

Because his big brother had told him not to interfere in the duel, Black Heaven had stayed off to the side, observing as a spectator.

Black Heaven had watched the entire battle, and he had to admit Nie Yan was really strong, one of the very few people that was a match for his big brother. The only thing that left him feeling puzzled was why Nie Yan remained unaffected despite having been plainly struck by Piercing Shriek.

In such a short span of time, just what could Nie Yan have done to block the effects of Piercing Shriek?

Black Heaven didn't bother taking any precautions as he directly got to work on resurrecting Black Hell. Because of the bet his big brother made with Nie Yan earlier, he was confident Nie Yan wouldn't act against him.

A gentle radiance gradually poured out of Black Heaven's palm.

Nie Yan sheathed his dagger, then stepped off to the side before sizing up Black Heaven. This person was a revered Archbishop in the previous timeline.

Black Heaven still looked a little immature, with the appearance of a seventeen or eighteen-year-old. Clad in pure-white robes, he carried a redwood staff which glowed with a dull radiance.

Nie Yan took particular note of the golden falcon stitched to the side of Black Heaven's collar. It was the symbol of the Temple of Light, which signified that the owner had learned the Templar Magic for their class. Almost all Templar Magic for the Priest class were blessings. Only at the later stages of the game could they learn other skills like formidable group revival spells.

Black Heaven was a Priest who could cast Templar Magic!

If Black Heaven really was willing to join Asskickers United, then Nie Yan would have truly picked up a treasure. The rarity of a Priest who could cast Templar Magic even surpassed that of a Mage who could cast advanced magic.

Due to a limited cast range, most Mages would have no choice but to get close to the action when they wanted to cast advanced magic. All advanced magic required at least one set of incantation gestures and syllables to cast, with many even requiring two or three sets. Who knows what might happen during that time? A Paladin could rush up to the Mage with a low-level silencing spell and stop the advanced magic mid-cast.

Priests were different as they could cast Templar Magic in the relative safety of the backline or under the protection of numerous players. Even the lowest-ranking Templar Magic blessing would be able to raise the stats of an ally by 30%. At the later stages of the game, if a Priest learned rank 6 Templar Magic, they would be able to increase the fighting strength of their allies by over 200%, allowing even the most average of Warriors to transform into unstoppable tanks.

As such, Priests who knew Templar Magic were highly sought after by numerous large guilds.

If Nie Yan wanted to win the loyalty of a Priest like Black Heaven, he would have to do much more than winning a simple bet.

Let's wait for him to join first... Nie Yan thought it might be a good idea to have Black Heaven mingle with Young Seven's group. Once he grew closer with everyone, he would naturally become more willing to serve the guild's interests.