Chapter 324 - Utterly Eclipsed

"Yao Yao, y-y-ou... When did you reach Level 47?" Liu Rui asked, practically dying from embarrassment. He had been bragging to Xie Yao all day about being Level 42 and wanting to take her levelling with him, only to discover that she was actually Level 47 with a full Radiant Samsara Set. He felt like a buffoon. He wanted to dig a hole and bury his head in the ground.

"I've been Level 47 for a week now. I was busy completing a quest called Karsi's Blessing, so I had no time to level," Xie Yao replied. Her cold and indifferent expression caused Liu Rui to become restless. An intense feeling of inferiority sprouted in his heart. He could accept being beaten by Nie Yan in a spar since losses occurred in competition. But now he was completely eclipsed by Xie Yao in terms of level and gear! He couldn't even compare to a girl! What face did he have left?

Sky Pivot and his group were awed when Xie Yao mentioned Karsi's Blessing. This was an incredibly difficult quest chain. Even their strongest Holy mage, Fresh Fish, failed to clear the first part!

Just obtaining the qualifications to attempt this quest was out of reach for the vast majority of players.

"God damn, what a powerful woman! She's actually doing Karsi's Blessing!" Sky Pivot restrained himself a little. It was highly likely such a skilled player had an equally powerful background. He didn't wish to accidentally poke the bear.

The others also stepped off to the side. Liu Rui told them Xie Yao was his woman. But no matter how they looked at it, she didn't seem to be.

"Yao Yao, I didn't think your level was so high. I-"

"We aren't that intimate. Please, call me Xie Yao," Xie Yao interrupted.

"But, our families are long time friends. We've grown up together! Our parents and grandparents wish to see us together..." Liu Rui tried to persuade Xie Yao from a different angle.

"You're wrong. My family has never expressed such wishes," Xie Yao angrily rebuked. She hated it when Liu Rui played the family card.

Seeing the revulsion on Xie Yao's face, Liu Rui didn't dare to say more for fear of angering her further.

At this time, Sky Pivot and the others noticed the guild emblem on Xie Yao's chest. It was Asskickers United's!

In their minds, Victorious Return was no match for Asskickers United. They always felt a sense of inferiority whenever they encountered players from Asskickers United. How many times had Victorious Return suffered defeat at the hands of Asskickers United? They had lost all sense of confidence.

"So she's a member of Asskickers United? I was just wondering which guild could acquire such a strong player," Sky Pivot muttered.

"Didn't you say you were going to take me levelling? My friend will be arriving here any minute now." Xie Yao looked at Liu Rui who no longer dared to meet her gaze.

With his head lowered, Liu Rui's eyes flashed with traces of bitterness. He was on the brink of erupting out in anger because of the humiliation he just received. Xie Yao had made him lose a great deal of face. But after thinking it over, his expression grew sullen. His family was far from being comparable to hers. It was impossible for him to take any action against her. Although his father was a shareholder in the Dragonsoar Financial Group, the largest shareholder was still Xie Yao's maternal grandfather. At the same time, she was also a shareholder in the Zheng Rong Financial Group. The influence of her father's side of the family wasn't to be underestimated either. In terms of background, status, and wealth, he was far inferior to her. This was also the reason why he kept trying to court her.

Not only were Liu Rui's efforts fruitless, but Xie Yao was also fed up with his antics. She only resorted to this tactic because he refused to take a hint.