Chapter 365 - Mana Storage Jewel

The Nilan Colosseum, a grand amphitheatre constructed out of ashen-white stone, was situated halfway up a mountainside. It was built in the year 921 during the Era of Shared Governance and so featured the architectural style of that particular time period. This was represented in the delicate carvings covering the walls. It stood over 30 meters tall with more than several dozen layers, some parts having collapsed due to the passage of time. The interior resembled a labyrinth, with various rooms and corridors connected together. At the center was a large arena flanked on both sides by grandstands which could hold up to 50,000 people.

This was a place where the wealthy squandered their money. The colosseum frequently hosted gladiatorial shows, earning the lion's share of their revenue from patrons gambling on the fights.

The Nilan Colosseum was taken over by a group of Evil Faction Thieves, who had to be defeated for everything to return to normal. Their leader was a Level 70 Variant Lord, an existence which at minimum required a massive expedition team of Level 70 players to deal with. Until then this place would stay under their control.

There were Thieves cloaked in black garbs patrolling the public square up ahead. Their eyes glowed an ominous red as they sporadically popped in and out of stealth.

Theses Thieves looked tough to deal with. Enemies that could stealth were always troublesome.

Nie Yan activated Eye of Truth. Scanning his surroundings, he discovered a faint silhouette. Suddenly, he felt a strange heat flowing to his pupils as his eyes briefly flashed with a piercing red light.

An observer would notice Nie Yan's pupils had turned blood red!

Nie Yan discovered everything seemed a lot clearer; he could make out the finer details of objects nearby, while the ones faraway no longer appeared as hazy. Another 18 silhouettes popped into sight. Out of the 20 something Thieves stealthed in the vicinity, not a single one could evade his eyes!

It turned out the Thief he discovered before was only one of many. Nie Yan would've likely ended up in combat if he had rushed forward just now. These Evil Faction Thieves were Level 70 monsters. There was no way he stood a chance against them!

Thankfully, Eye of Truth had ranked up!

Eye of Truth couldn't be improved solely with frequent use. It required actively uncovering opponents in stealth in and out of combat. This was to prevent players from grinding proficiency in a cheap manner. The system also had other restrictions in place regarding the target of the skill.

Eye of Truth (Enhanced): See through an opponent's disguise or stealth. Success is dependent on the level of the target. Cooldown: 120 seconds.

Nie Yan would have an 80% chance of detecting an equal-level Thief through stealth with the enhanced version of Eye of Truth. His ability to see through a target's disguise was also increased to 70%!

The effectiveness of Eye of Truth greatly increased after ranking up, but there was still a high chance of failure against high level targets.

Nie Yan was always worried about Eye of Truth's effectiveness. Now his prayers were finally answered!

Nie Yan guessed the Thieves he currently spotted with the enhanced version of Eye of Truth probably weren't all of them. There might still be more that had escaped his detection.

I need to rely on my other senses too, not just my sight!

Nie Yan entered stealth and approached the colosseum.

The Evil Faction Thieves were Level 70 monsters. They were powerful in combat, but their stealth detection abilities were very weak. This allowed Nie Yan to sneak past them using stealth.