Chapter 219 - Gathering of Elites

Sleepy Fox hesitated for some time. A 30% share of the stronghold was no insignificant sum. It was the same as asking him to carve out a large piece of his own flesh. However, Nie Yan wasn't the type of person who spoke carelessly. If he didn't have the confidence, he wouldn't speak such big words.

Can't you be a bit more generous? Do a friend a favour?」Sleepy Fox wryly smiled. Nie Yan was truly a ruthless negotiator. Holy Empire had put in all the painstaking effort of ranking up to a Level 5 guild in order to finally gain the qualifications to vye for the stronghold. It wasn't even Asskickers United's battle, yet they wanted to bite off almost a third of the profits in one fell swoop!

If you just asked for my personal help, I would've agreed, even for free. However, since you're requesting the aid of my guild, the interests of my guild brothers naturally takes precedence,」Nie Yan said in a sincere tone. As the guild leader, he couldn't concede the slightest inch in matters related to the guild's growth.

Hah, that much I understand.」Sleepy Fox deeply sighed. He was also a guild leader, so he understood the sentiment well. Sometimes, even if an action ran the risk of offending people, he would still force himself to go through with it for the sake of the numerous brothers in his guild. Nie Yan had already given his offer, and both sides didn't hold any apprehensions toward each other.

If you agree, I'll send 100 players over to you. If not, then so be it,」Nie Yan said. Even though 30% was a little excessive, he genuinely believed the brothers under his command were worth that price.

Let me give it some more thought. 30% isn't a small amount after all. Other than that, I want to further assess the strength of the people under you. Prove to me that they're worth what you're asking for,」Sleepy Fox replied. He couldn't simply take Nie Yan's words at face value, lest he be so foolish as to give away 30% of the profit for nothing. However, if the people under Nie Yan really were strong enough to help him seize the stronghold, then what harm was there in accepting the offer? The other 70% would still belong to him, and it was better than having nothing.

No problem. Wait for me to finish levelling, then I'll send them to the arena to show off their skills. You should bring a few people to watch,」Nie Yan replied. If they wanted to earn 30% of the profit, then it was only natural for his guild to bring out some real ability.

How much longer till you guys are done levelling?

An hour at most.

Alright, send me a whisper when you're done,」Sleepy Fox said. He wanted to see just how strong the players of Asskickers United were for Nie Yan to dare to boast that a hundred of them could ensure an 80% chance of successfully seizing the stronghold.

How goes the battle with Radiant Sacred Flame?」Nie Yan asked. The current scale of the conflict probably wasn't large enough for Holy Empire to receive any serious damage.

One word. Disastrous. We've already suffered over 50,000 casualties,」Sleepy Fox replied with a bitter smile. In order to secure the stronghold, both sides didn't hesitate to go all out, no matter the price they had to pay.

That much?」Nie Yan asked in shock.

We lost over 30,000 players in the previous battle, and another 20,000 or so from minor skirmishes that broke out in various places. However, Radiant Sacred Flame isn't fairing that much better either. They've lost at least 40,000 players,」 Sleepy Fox explained. Holy Empire had previously always held the advantage. The number of Radiant Sacred Flame players who died by their hands wasn't small. However, the crushing defeat they suffered caused the number of casualties on their side to soar and exceed that of Radiant Sacred Flame.