Chapter 350 - Conjuring Skull

The cold winds howled as sharp cries rang out in the darkness. Nie Yan created a huge commotion by ordering his Rum Spiders to start wantonly attacking their own in the valley below.

Nie Yan hurriedly gave the order to retreat. His Rum Spiders started running back to him, with a swarm of hostile Rum Spiders lagging not too far behind.

He took out an Advanced Scroll and started chanting series of cryptic syllables as magical energy swirled around him.

Nie Yan had 122 Intelligence, something hardly seen among Thieves. This was thanks to humans having higher Intelligence than other races, and a host of items on him that boosted his Intelligence, such as the chapters from the Book of Order.

Nie Yan's high Intelligence allowed him to use the vast majority of scrolls and magical tools without a problem.

The hostile Rum Spiders were getting ever closer. There were hundreds of them within a radius of 30 meters.

At this moment, Nie Yan finished chanting out the last syllable as a blazing cloud emerged in the sky and started raining down fire.

Everything within a 20 meter radius was engulfed in a raging inferno, resembling a scene straight out of hell. The Rum Spiders let out miserable shrieks as damage values rose up into the sky. Half a minute later, most of them lay dead on the ground.

Nie Yan saw his experience bar fill up to 73%. This was impressive given that he had levelled up just recently!

The blaze eventually died down, unveiling a tableau of devastation with charred corpses strewn everywhere. Nie Yan had lost two of his own Rum Spiders in the process. He finished off the remaining Rum Spiders in the vicinity, then started picking up the loot.

Nie Yan collected a total of 3 gold and a mountain of junk. He kept the valuable drops and left behind the rest to avoid bloating his inventory.

A certain piece of loot in particular caught Nie Yan's eye.

It was a black skull roughly the size of a fist. A sapphire gem was embedded into its forehead, and green flames flickered from its eye sockets.

Conjuring Skull (Medium)

Requirements: 500 Intelligence

Description: This Conjuring Skull is a medium for summoning undead creatures and spirits as servants. It can also be used to call forth a Bone Mammoth (Damaged).

Nie Yan didn't know the use of this Conjuring Skull. It seemed to be a special item meant for Necromancers. He wondered how valuable it was. After thinking it over, he tossed it into his bag.

Except for the Conjuring Skull, there was nothing else of interest. Nie Yan began purifying the corpses of the Rum Spiders. They dissolved into motes of light before disappearing into the air.

Nie Yan continued hunting the Rum Spiders. Time slowly passed by.

When it was time to log off, Nie Yan had reached Level 43. Lil' Gold reached Level 39, and wasn't far off from levelling up again. Lil' Gold also learned a new skill, Flame Shroud, which wrapped him in flames and inflicted burn damage to all enemies within a five meter radius.

Although pets would become more and more common as time passed, most of them would be low level and possess terrible growth rates. Lil' Gold was definitely a unique existence among them.

Even Nie Yan couldn't estimate Lil' Gold's full potential.

Nie Yan spent the next two days levelling. When he used up all his scrolls, he had Lil' Gold blast the Rum Spiders with Dragon Breath. The levelling speed was decent to say the least. He had reached Level 47 and obtained quite a bit of loot.