Chapter 394 - Obscurus Magic, Explosion Inferno!

Although 200 Thieves seemed like a lot, it was far from enough to scout out every inch of these forested hills. Trying to find only several dozen people in such an area was no different from fishing a needle out of a haystack.

Nie Yan wasn't the least bit suspicious. After all, no one in Calore was capable of opposing Asskickers United. Victorious Return was under heavy scrutiny, and Bloodlust Blades, Alliance of Mages, and Divine Protectors were too far away to pose any real threat.

Asskickers United was deeply rooted into Calore, with roughly one out of every ten players having a relation with the guild. The moment anything happened, they would know. Informants were practically everywhere, so it was nigh impossible to escape their sights. This was why 2,000 players sufficed to transport the jars of Black Gunpowder.

The portal those six Shamans opened was a secret spell from the Shamic Temple, which was the hardest type of magic to guard against. Furthermore, they had already made ample preparations, having set up transfer points in Glory City long ago. They could teleport 50-60 players with each portal.

Bloodlust Blades had already been planning to attack Asskickers United's strongholds for a long time. But with the appearance of the Black Gunpowder, they were forced to slightly alter their plans. They would deal with the Black Gunpowder first!

Black Gunpowder was a military good that took up a lot of bagspace. The amount Nie Yan uncovered in Earl Kelfield's Castle could fill tens of thousands of bottles, a task which would take at least several days. The only feasible method was to transport it by hand. When transport caravans became available later on, things would become much more convenient.

Black Gunpowder had many applications and could be used to craft a variety of siege weapons, such as magic explosives, incendiary bolts, explosive projectiles, etc.

Although people had heard of siege weapons like Goblin Magic Cannons, blueprints for them were extremely hard to come by.

Nie Yan placed great importance on transporting these goods safely to United City. Even if these materials were only enough to craft one or two Goblin Magic Cannons, they were well worth the effort.

「Boss, it's safe up here. We bumped into a few players levelling, but we shooed them away.」

「Everything is clear on our side too.」

...

The 200 Thieves reported back one after another after scouting out their respective zones.

This information put Nie Yan's mind at ease. He glanced behind him and felt that putting all the Black Gunpowder in the same place was a bit too dangerous. After thinking for a moment, he decided to split the people carrying the Black Gunpowder into seven smaller groups and had a large number of Thieves and Warriors patrol the thickets around them to prevent anyone from getting close.

「Nie Yan, I just received word that all the top experts in Bloodlust Blades, Alliance of Mages, and Divine Protectors disappeared. They were gathered together in Glory City only 20 minutes ago. I had people monitor the transfer points in Calore, but we didn't discover them. Maybe they're doing a dungeon run or something?」Guo Huai reported at this time. The top experts of three large guilds suddenly disappearing was too strange an occurrence. So, he immediately reported this information to Nie Yan.

Since those players didn't teleport to Calore, even if they rode on the fastest mounts, it would take them at least seven hours to cover the distance between the two cities and enter Calore. As such, Guo Huai never considered the possibility of them suddenly launching an ambush. However, this news immediately roused Nie Yan's suspicions. How could it possibly be a coincidence that all the top experts in Bloodlust Blades, Alliance of Mages, and Divine Protectors would disappear at the same time his group was transporting the Black Gunpowder?