Chapter 230 - Soaring Morale

Aside from the incident that occurred outside of Black Flame Forest, Holy Empire didn’t have any conflicting interests with Victorious Return. As for Radiant Sacred Flame, the war between them had already developed to the extent where both sides were willing to do whatever necessary to win, no matter the price.

Occupying a stronghold was equal to receiving the taxes of a small city. This was extremely critical to the growth of a guild.

Neither Holy Empire nor Radiant Sacred Flame were willing to back down!

Even the always low-key Nightbreak Trickster crawled out of the woodwork in preparation for the upcoming stronghold battle. And the biggest supporter on his side was his closest ally, Heaven Breaker. Although Victorious Return couldn’t participate in the stronghold battle because they weren’t yet a Level 5 guild, their strength couldn’t be looked over.

Since Radiant Sacred Flame required the assistance of Victorious Return to capture the stronghold, when Victorious Return wanted to cause Asskickers United some trouble this time, Radiant Sacred Flame would naturally follow. However, they didn’t expect Holy Empire to be a step ahead of them!

The smell of gunpowder floated in the air as soon as Sleepy Fox and Nightbreak Trickster locked gazes. 

Holy Empire and Radiant Sacred Flame could be described as eternal foes, with numerous battles spread across various popular virtual reality games. So whenever they met, sparks would fly, emotions would run high, and conflict would be unavoidable.

“So what if you’re here? I’d like to see just how your 20,000 players can stop our force of over 60,000!” Nightbreak Trickster narrowed his eyes as his killing intent flared.

“Well, we’re right here. What are you waiting for? You’re free to try. Let’s see if you really can get through us!” Sleepy Fox coldly responded. So long as Holy Empire held steadfast at the border of Twilight Forest, let alone 60,000 players, he would even dare to clash against a force of 100,000!

In any large-scale battle, having a terrain advantage was extremely important. By having the high ground, the enemy’s ranged units would have a harder time hitting your forces. If there were natural obstacles such as boulders or trees, your forces could rely on them to take cover.

The trees in Twilight Forest were the best obstacles.

Nightbreak Trickster surveyed the topography up ahead. It was densely forested with large boulders scattered all around. Holy Empire players were positioned all along the forest edge. Even if he had a Mage cast advanced magic, it would have a very limited effect. The area was a natural stronghold. No wonder Sleepy Fox boasted such confidence.

Nonetheless, the combined forces of Victorious Return and Radiant Sacred Flame were more than triple that of Holy Empire! With such an overwhelming advantage in numbers, if they coordinated their attacks well throughout the battle, they could nullify the opponent’s terrain advantage.

What’s the situation in Twilight Forest?」Nightbreak Trickster asked Heaven Breaker through chat.

Heaven Breaker looked through the information provided by his subordinates.「Azure Falling Sky is collapsing. It’s a one-sided slaughter over there.

Asskickers United is that powerful?」Nightbreak Trickster asked in shock. Although Azure Falling Sky wasn’t a large guild, its members were not weak. According to his judgement, they should’ve had no problem holding out for a while. However, reality proved otherwise.

The guild leader of Azure Falling Sky, Clear Sky, was sent to the graveyard early in the battle by Aqua Smoke Stub and Nirvana Flame. They’ve hidden themselves well. In every battle leading up to this one, they’ve never displayed their full fighting strength.」Heaven Breaker furrowed his brows. Logically, it was impossible for Clear Sky not to have people guarding his side, so how did Nie Yan and Smoke Stub make such quick work of him?