Chapter 361 - Blaze Step

The rest of the evening was spent levelling, which continued when everyone logged back on the next day. Lil' Gold reached Level 50. He had already grown far larger in size, with Nie Yan only reaching his waist. Such a large Golden Dragon appearing in front of ordinary players would surely elicit cries of shock and terror.

Lil' Gold's health increased to almost 9,000, and he also learned two new skills.

Dragon Fireball: Ranged Single-Target Chaos Attack. Range: 50 meters. Attack Interval: 3 seconds.

Dragon Fireball was a long-ranged attack. Few casters had attacks that could reach over 50 meters, so it was definitely useful.

Blaze Step (Junior): The Golden Dragon ignites everything it passes through within a 5 meter radius ablaze, leaving behind a trail of fire which continues to burn for 20 seconds. Duration: 3 minutes. Cooldown: 30 minutes. Ranks up at Level 100.

Blaze Step was an area-of-effect skill. Lil' Gold's Speed had reached 378, which was only slightly slower than Nie Yan.

With these two new skills, Lil' Gold's strength greatly increased. As a Golden Dragon, he was already a top-tier pet. But thanks to the effects of the Evolution Crystal, he became all the more amazing, to the extent his growth far surpassed anyone's imagination. Even Nie Yan would find it difficult to take him down.

Nie Yan's mind trembled when he read over Blaze Step's description. This skill was made for mobbing! It wouldn't lose out to any area-of-effect spell!

Nie Yan didn't use the Death Wave Scrolls like before, instead ordering Lil' Gold to attract the aggro of the mobs. Following a Dragon Breath, a group of Faelins immediately descended on him. Lil' Gold quickly turned back and ran but not before activating Blaze Step, leaving a trail of fire in its wake.

Several dozen Faelins chased after Lil' Gold and dove headlong into the flames, causing damage values to float up above their heads. The flames only dealt 100 or so damage due to the level difference. But since they continued to burn, the Faelins took damage every second, which accumulated quickly. As time passed, their health bars slowly drained until they finally collapsed dead on the ground, leaving behind a trail of corpses.

It appeared Nie Yan could use Blaze Step to level, which would save him a lot of Death Wave Scrolls. The mobbing speed wasn't too bad either.

「What's everyone's levels at now?」Nie Yan asked in voice chat.

「I'm Level 53,」Smoke Stub said.

「I'm Level 52,」Sun said.

「I just hit Level 50.」

...

Everyone had at least reached Level 50. Many were a high enough level to storm the top 10 on the level leaderboards. But almost all of them had chosen to remain anonymous, so their names didn't appear.

Tang Yao had reached Level 56. He was once more far ahead of Mad Blade. The amount of experience between a single level past Level 50 was enormous. Mad Blade would have to spend at least several days grinding nonstop to catch up.

A little earlier. Mad Blade, clad in a full set of Level 50 Gold-grade equipment, was currently levelling in the middle of the wilderness. He had already class advanced to a Great Berserker. He was going all out, cutting down one Level 60 Elite after another. He was quickly closing the gap between him and Tang Yao. Obtaining the number one position would be a great morale boost for the dispirited guild members of Bloodlust Blades. Just after he finished taking down a Level 60 Elite, he glanced at the leaderboards, only to see Tang Yao had reached Level 55.

Seeing Tang Yao pulling further ahead, Mad Blade increased his pace. But to his dismay, the gap was only growing wider. It was almost as if his opponent was on steroids. Not long after reaching Level 55, Tang Yao levelled up again.