Chapter 367 - Animorph Necklace

Nie Yan ducked out of the Bloodthirsty Thief's vision. Getting close to the chest wasn't a problem, but snatching away the loot inside without being noticed? Now that would prove difficult.

It's impossible. Should I just give up? But that's not my style! Nie Yan mulled over this dilemma for quite some time. If I want to reach the underground prison behind the throne, I'll have to sneak past the Bloodthirsty Thief anyway. How about I try my luck with the chest on the way back?

The chest was woven from strips of bamboo. The furnishings here really were crude.

Given furniture here behaves like it does in reality... Nie Yan suddenly thought of something. The Bloodthirsty Thief is only 20 meters away. It'll definitely notice if the chest's lid is flipped open. But what if the lid isn't moved? Is there another way to loot the things inside that chest?

As Nie Yan racked his brain over the problem, the Bloodthirsty Thief sensed something and turned in his direction.

Nie Yan quickly ducked behind the pillar.

After what felt like an eternity, the Bloodthirsty Thief finally withdrew its gaze and continued patrolling near the throne.

Nie Yan broke out in a cold sweat. The Bloodthirsty Thief's perception was too frightening. He was more than 30 meters away, but it still detected his presence. He feared the Bloodthirsty Thief would close the gap in an instant if he touched the chest.

A light bulb suddenly lit up in Nie Yan's mind as his lips parted into a delighted smile. He equipped the Pygmy Ring and activated Pygmy Transformation. His body rapidly shrunk to a third of its original size as everything in his surroundings appeared much larger, including the Bloodthirsty Thief.

Nie Yan who was still in stealth looked just like a small child. He started making his way to the chest.

The bamboo wicker chest appeared enormous to the pygmy-sized Nie Yan. He just happened to be the same height as the chest.

After transforming into a pygmy, Nie Yan's cloaking ability far surpassed normal, making him extremely difficult to detect. He went completely unnoticed while making his way from the pillar to the chest.

Nie Yan arrived in front of the chest. It was placed in the corner but not directly against the wall, leaving a one-meter gap.

Nie Yan squeezed into the gap behind the chest, where he was completely hidden from view thanks to his shrunken stature.

There were also advantages to being small!

Nie Yan recalled an interesting anecdote related to the Pygmy Ring. The goblin Mages from the Demon Tribe in the Underworld highly prized this item. It allowed them to shrink down from their already diminutive size, about one-third that of an ordinary player, to only eight inches. They would scurry around the battlefield, bombarding the enemy frontline with magic. Since they were so small, it was nearly impossible to catch them. This was the most shameless and unrivalled tactic of the goblins.

As for what other clever uses the Pygmy Ring had, this required further investigation.

Many special items in Conviction were shrouded in a cloud of mystery. Only someone with a rich imagination could hope of putting them to full use.

The Bloodthirsty Thief gazed at the chest for a moment before turning away.

Nie Yan noticed that the Bloodthirsty Thief would look this way every 3 minutes. It was crucial that he didn't make any movements during this time, lest he be caught.

Nie Yan tried pushing the box. It was quite heavy, indicating there were many items stored inside.

Nie Yan sat down in the nook behind the chest. No one could see him. He took out Zennarde's Sword and started making an incision into the chest.