Chapter 366 - Thief Treasure Hoard

Nie Yan dashed away with all his might, allowing the bleed and poison damage to shave away the Dusk Thief's health. He was no match for the enemy in a direct confrontation, but this method was also quite effective. It just took a bit more time.

The Dusk Thief eventually cornered Nie Yan into a dead-end. There was nowhere left to run.

As the Dusk Thief pounced in for the kill, Nie Yan suddenly leaped up in the air and kicked off the wall into a backflip, landing gracefully behind the opponent. He struck the Dusk Thief in the back with Assassinate and Blast.

Nie Yan's dagger lit up brilliantly, unleashing an explosion that sent the Dusk Thief crashing into the wall with a heavy thud before falling to the ground.

By the time the Dusk Thief struggled back to its feet, Nie Yan had already run far off into the distance.

Nie Yan continued kiting the Dusk Thief, slowly chipping away its health until it finally died.

A dark gray chestpiece lay glittering on the floor beside the Dusk Thief's corpse. It was a piece of equipment from the Level 70 Dark Gold-grade Ashen Punisher Set. By completing the full set its level requirement could be reduced by 10. However, pieces from this set only dropped in certain maps.

The Ashen Punisher Chestplate greatly increased Strength and allowed the player to deal an additional 120 Shadow Damage with every strike. It was best suited for Berserkers following an offensive build path.

These Dusk Thieves didn't respawn after being killed. Nie Yan wondered if he could acquire a full Ashen Punisher Set. It would be perfect for Berserkers like Smoke Stub, Edgeless, or Monochrome.

Nie Yan searched under the Dusk Thief's corpse but found nothing else. He looked around the room he had just entered. It was very cramped, lacking even basic furnishings. He exited back to the corridor and continued exploring.

The rooms in the corridor frequently had Dusk Thieves lying in ambush. Nie Yan used the same method as before to deal with them. Then he would continue exploring the rooms which usually contained one or two chests, with Silver and Gold-grade being more common and Dark Gold-grade rarer. During this time he also acquired the gauntlets and leg armour for the Ashen Punisher Set. Now he was only missing the shoulder guards, helmet, and greaves.

Nie Yan opened the door to a room with his guard raised. But to his surprise he wasn't greeted by a Dusk Thief lunging at him. The room layout was similar to the others. However, a fat middle-aged man dressed in gray robes sat at the bedside. His blonde hair was disheveled.

Nie Yan inspected him with Transcendent Insight.

Noble Ferbrazes: Level 0
Health: 200/200

"Sir Demon Hunter! Please get me out of here!" Noble Ferbrazes pleaded with a mournful expression after seeing Nie Yan.

"Here, take this Instant Transfer Scroll. You can use it to leave this place," Nie Yan said as he handed over an Instant Transfer Scroll to Noble Ferbrazes.

"Oh, Sir Demon Hunter, thank you! Thank you!" Noble Ferbrazes said gratefully.

Nie Yan was a bit fed up with NPCs constantly addressing him with his titles. However, their dialogue was tightly restricted, and title address settings couldn't be tampered with.

Noble Ferbrazes used the Instant Transfer Scroll and teleported away.

Rescued Hostages: 1/100

Nie Yan swept his eyes around the room but found nothing interesting. Only rooms guarded by Dusk Thieves seemed to contain chests and other loot.

Nie Yan passed through one room after the other, rescuing a total of 8 hostages. After going through all the rooms in the corridor, he entered a large hall. There were rows of pillars on both sides with a red rug running down the center, leading to a magnificent throne. The hall looked empty and devoid of any people, but this only served to make him all the more wary.