Chapter 277 - Teacher's Assistant

Students gathered in groups of threes and fives inside the gym. By their sides, Yang Boyi guided their training. This teacher of Huahai Affiliated High School was the runner-up in the 70th kickboxing championships, a testament to his expertise and skill. Nie Yan was no less experienced skill-wise in kickboxing, but his physique was nowhere close to Yang Boyi's be it in punching or kicking power. Of course, Nie Yan was still in the phase of training and growth. When his body reached maturity, his strength would easily reach a stage higher.

"Interested in a quick spar?" Yang Boyi asked after noticing Nie Yan's arrival.

It was rumoured Nie Yan struck down Liu Rui with a single kick, but Yang Boyi hadn't personally witnessed this. He wanted to test out Nie Yan, so he could get a general understanding of his student's skill.

Teacher Yang was going to spar with Nie Yan? The nearby students immediately grew excited. Several classmates who were part of Liu Rui's circle of friends were secretly delighted. They were confident Nie Yan would suffer a miserable loss. He might not even last more than several exchanges.

Nie Yan understood that Yang Boyi meant no harm. His teacher was simply doing his job, which among other things entailed understanding his students' abilities.

"Please, guide me." Nie Yan bowed.

Yang Boyi nodded slightly. Nie Yan left a good impression on him just from this show of manners.

Nie Yan and Yang Boyi faced off at the center of the gymnasium. After giving the standard salutation, they took up their stances.

Xie Yao who had changed into her white kickboxing uniform stood among the crowd of spectators. A flicker of astonishment crossed her face. With his resolute expression, Nie Yan didn't appear the least bit inferior to Yang Boyi. One had to know his opponent was someone who held a lot of clout in the kickboxing world! The runner-up in the 70th kickboxing championships was no joke!

Nie Yan took a deep breath; the man standing before him was absolutely one of the strongest he had ever faced!

"Come, I'll let you have the first move!" Yang Boyi said in a domineering tone.

"Understood," Nie Yan replied. Without hesitation, he darted straight toward Yang Boyi.

The two exchanged blows back and forth, so quickly nearby observers could barely process what was happening. Nie Yan struck out with a side kick to the neck, but Yang Boyi raised his arm to parry. A loud impact rang out as the both of them retreated several steps.

Yang Boyi was slightly taken aback by the force behind Nie Yan's kick. He previously believed half his strength would suffice, but he was actually forced to go all out.

This was already very impressive for a child who was still in a stage of growth, with plenty of room for improvement. Furthermore, Nie Yan's moves were fierce, and he already possessed the sense of a fighter. Yang Boyi felt passion ignite in his heart. He's an amazing talent! If trained well, he wouldn't even have any issues taking first in the kickboxing competition! He's just lacking in muscle right now...

The crowd watched the fight with widened eyes. For Nie Yan to have held out for this long was simply unbelievable. They had assumed he was only somewhat stronger than others their age. The vast majority of them only knew about fancy moves and the sort but nothing beyond that. Nie Yan's knowledge and ability had already far surpassed their superficial level. He was not merely a little bit stronger than Liu Rui.

Even Liu Rui and his friends were at a loss for words.

"You have plenty of spice and flair, but you're lacking in raw power and momentum," Yang Boyi judged after blocking an axe kick. He felt slightly apprehensive as his arm went a little numb. If this kick struck an average person in the chest, it would definitely break their ribs. Of course, it was still severely lacking when facing off against professional fighters.