Chapter 353 - Departure

Nie Yan was forced to use Unknown Transfer Scrolls again and again in an attempt to escape Elder Arachne Kasil's pursuit. Finally, he was sent to a location only three minutes away from Valitin Village. He immediately sprinted toward the town like a madman, practically flying over the ground.

Nie Yan would be out of luck if he couldn't get away this time. His supply of Unknown Transfer Scrolls was rapidly dwindling.

In the distance, specks of light began to appear in Nie Yan's vision, growing brighter and more numerous as he approached. The twinkling lights were a relief to him, like a lifeline for a drowning man.

Nie Yan once more burst forth at maximum speed during this final stretch, zipping closer and closer to Valitin Village.

Suddenly, a large shadowy figure appeared before him, hovering a meter off the ground. It waved the staff in its hand, conjuring a black fireball that shot out at Nie Yan before he even got a good look at it.

Nie Yan grimaced under the pressure of the black fireball cast by Elder Arachne Kasil as he considered his options. He activated Gale Step and slammed into the projectile, causing it to explode into a firework of cinders.

Nie Yan threw out a pouch of Flash Powder and blinded Kasil. He then slid under him and sprinted past.

Nie Yan hastily swapped factions as the entrance to Valitin Village entered his sight, hoping to dear god no one had noticed him.

Luckily, the nearby players were distracted by the appearance of Kasil. Why would a Level 60 Lord appear so close to town? Several Necromancers quickly reacted by summoning swaths of skeletons.

Elder Arachne Kasil waved his staff in annoyance, summoning a sea of black fire that instantly evaporated the mass of skeletons around him. The Necromancers stared in shock, almost unwilling to believe their eyes. This old man was way too strong!

"Shit! It's a Lord-class Level 60 monster!"

"Everybody, run!"

However, their shouts came too late. By the time people were able to react, Kasil had already cast an area-of-effect spell to rain down black flames on the entire area. Like the skeletons before them, these players were quickly melted away and their bodies dissolved into motes of black light.

Having brushed aside the players in his way, Kasil continued chasing after Nie Yan.

More and more Evil Faction players gathered near the entrance, and several Spectral Knights already began advancing. They prepared to block the boss.

"Everyone, attack this Lord-class monster!"

The Spectral Knights engaged, stepping up to stop Kasil as the Mages in the back began casting spells at it. However, Kasil continuously waved his staff, one-shotting players left and right. Finally, he cast another area-of-effect spell laying waste to the entire front-line and causing the backline to fall into a panic. This boss was too powerful!

Kasil carved a path of blood toward Nie Yan, massacring players like pigs in a slaughterhouse. Wave after wave of Evil Faction players collapsed onto the ground.

Finally, someone realized Kasil was no ordinary Lord, but rather a Variant Lord! The crowd quickly scattered, not wanting to die pointlessly.

Fortunately for Nie Yan, they had bought him quite a bit of time. He finally reached the gates of Valitin Village, where he slowed down to a walk and hid his face with a long cowl before approaching the guards.

Kasil was still rushing angrily towards him, causing Nie Yan to be distressed. However, if he tried to rush into the village, he would certainly draw a lot of unwanted attention from the guards.