Chapter 314 - Undying Soul

Nie Yan glanced at Empress Finas' Fate Pearl in his bag, wondering when it would come in handy. Let's deal with the Molelord first. He withdrew his gaze.

Have you found the other journal pages?」Nie Yan asked. Those pages also contained clues to the quest.

We've found three pages. Combine those with the two on you, and we'll have the complete journal,」Bladelight replied. They only obtained these three pages after killing numerous Nerubians and opening several chests.

Bladelight shared what was written on the last three journal pages.

Even though I'm well aware Empress Finas only wants my body as a tool, I'm still happy to become her vessel... I'm just a lowly Crystalline Nerubian, but I'm willing to offer up both my life and this useless body for the sake of showing her my love... My dear Empress Finas, during those long winter nights, when both my soul and body have long since faded into dust, will you still recall the silly love of this lowly Crystalline Nerubian...?

Although the journal pages were easy to collect, it appeared there was still a secret hidden within them that had yet to be uncovered.

I'll be there right away,」Nie Yan said. He travelled through numerous winding tunnels and arrived back at the fork in the path. There, he spotted Bladelight and the others who were recovering their health and mana.

"Where's Sun and One Strike Vow?" Nie Yan asked after not seeing them.

"They're scouting out the path ahead," Bladelight replied. Sun and One Strike Vow had discovered the Molelord's location before Nie Yan.

"Take out the other three journal pages for me," Nie Yan said. He wondered what kind of transformation would occur when all five pages were brought together.

Bladelight handed over the journal pages to Nie Yan.

After completing the trade, the three journal pages fell into Nie Yan's bag. With the five pages gathered together, they emitted a flash of brilliant light and combined into a complete journal, albeit still badly damaged like before.

Bennett's Journal: Undying Soul, Love of a Lowly Nerubian (Quest Item)

Description: It possesses boundless mysterious power. The owner of this journal will be guided by a soul. Search for traces of Empress Finas. Weakens Molelord Bennett's stats by 30%. Empress Finas left the Crystal Caverns for the Underworld 1,000 years ago. She completely drained the life of Molelord Bennet, leaving behind a corpse with an Undying Soul. No matter how many times he is killed, he will revive when night descends.

The journal appeared extremely old. A halo of light containing the power to pierce space revolved around it.

Nie Yan's intuition told him that this journal wasn't simple. It was probably connected to a larger quest chain.

"It seems like this quest requires you to go to the Underworld. You should think of a way on your own. I'm afraid we can't help you." Smoke Stub helplessly smiled. At the current stage of the game, only Thieves could travel to the Underworld. With their stealthing abilities, they could still get around without instantly being ganged up on by players of the Evil Faction.

At present, the fight between the warring factions was still limited to the borders. Very few players dared to enter the enemy's territory. The deeper in they were, the heavier the stat penalty. Someone had once done the calculations in the previous timeline. When a player was roaming near the capital of an enemy faction, their stats would be reduced by as much as 60%. This wasn't a trivial matter. Under such circumstances, a Level 50 Righteous Player probably wouldn't even be a match for a Level 40 Evil Player.