Chapter 386 - Earl Kelfield's Worries

Execution was a Warrior exclusive skill that could instantly kill a target once their health fell below a certain threshold. At the higher ranks it reached upwards of 10%. But the success rate was exceedingly low against Elites and Lords.

The Blackett Grizzly dropped two pieces of Sub Legendary-grade equipment, Paddock's Blazing Sword and Langdon's Necklace of False Death.

Paddock's Blazing Sword (Sub Legendary)

Requirements: 630 Strength, 350 Dexterity

Properties: Attack 830-936, Strength +50, Critical +20, 10% chance to deal 300% Critical Damage, Ignore Level +11

Blazing Cleave: Deal 150% Fire Damage and inflict an additional 100 Burn Damage every second for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 20 minutes.

Blazing Sword: Shroud your sword in flames, converting 50% of your attack damage to Fire Damage. Duration: 3 minutes. Cooldown: 1 day.

Restrictions: Warriors; can only be equipped by members of the Righteous Faction.

Nie Yan shared the stats of Paddock's Blazing Sword in chat. "Whoever wants this sword, start bidding."

"50,000 merit points!"

"90,000 merit points!"

...

Edgeless snatched up Paddock's Blazing Sword in the end with a final bid of 610,000 merit points, which was then evenly distributed among all the expedition members. Since there were more than 5,000 players, everyone received roughly 120 merit points.

Nie Yan examined the other piece of Sub Legendary-grade equipment.

Langdon's Necklace of Fake Death (Sub Legendary)

Requirements: 50 Focus, 50 Willpower

Description: Langdon was a legendary Thief who faced numerous godly existences. This was his necklace, with which he escaped from countless dangers.

Properties: Defense 52-56, Night Vision +11, Dark Awareness +9, Cloaking +30, chance to nullify Mind Magic

Fake Death: Reset all aggro by entering into a state of suspended animation. This skill is only effective against creatures with low intelligence.

Restrictions: Thief; can only be equipped by a member of the Righteous Faction.

Langdon's Necklace of Fake Death was definitely one of the better necklaces out there, granting Night Vision, Dark Awareness, and a useful skill.

Nie Yan decided to keep the necklace for himself, then gave every expedition member 200 merit points.

He unequipped his Necklace of Deception and stored it in his bag until he needed it. After which he equipped Langdon's Necklace of Fake Death.

Even though the Blackett Grizzly only dropped two pieces of Sub Legendary-grade equipment, one less compared to the previous timeline, he was still satisfied with this outcome.

Nie Yan had Bladelight, Smoke Stub, and the others begin distributing the merit points. Excluding the compensation for the fallen, every member received roughly 1,000 merit points.

As the value of gold gradually depreciated, the value of merit points rose. Currently, 100 merit points was equal to 1 gold in Asskickers United. In a sense, every member had received 10 gold.

The expedition team searched the remaining areas of the Cripps Stronghold and discovered a few more treasure chests.

Nie Yan began restoring the various structures in the Cripps Stronghold, first by connecting its transfer point to the other strongholds and Calore. The more than 10-meter tall outer walls of the stronghold sprang back to life, and were reinforced with several dozen smaller walls. He placed the guild headquarters right next to the Magic Tower and also repaired a large number of the residential houses.