Chapter 273 - Declaration

Nie Yan's group of 25 pushed the forces of Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return back into the mouth of the passageway between the cliff walls.

Monochrome, Aloof Shadow, Edgeless, and the others sucked in a cold breath of air as they stared at the vast crowd up ahead stretching as far as the eye could see. Over 100,000 players gathered together, this was truly a breathtaking sight!

Even if Nie Yan's group were as domineering as the Golden Dragon, they would only be throwing their lives away by engaging the enemy head-on. They retreated into a narrow passage instead, where they stood their ground about eight meters from the entrance with weapons at the ready.

The ground of the passage was littered with the corpses of players from Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return. They flooded in in an attempt to take down Nie Yan's group, only to quickly discover their efforts were futile. The frontline consisted of Bladelight, Yi Yan, Aloof Shadow, Monochrome, Edgeless, and a few other Warriors and Paladins; the backline was composed of a line of powerful Mages; and supporting all of them further in the rear were Young Seven, Painted Muslin, Black Heaven, Moon Child, and the other Priests.

A lineup like this was invincible, especially in the narrow confines of the passage! No one should even think about defeating them!

The forces of Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return were massive. However, their forces were stuck in the passageway, unable to advance even the slightest!

Nie Yan overflowed with heroic spirit while the rest of the group were filled with the desire to do battle.

Just the 25 of them were holding off over 100,000 players! What kind of magnificent sight was this!?

Any player from Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return that arrived at this narrow passage would have no choice but to allow themselves to be obediently cut down!

"If any of you punks have any guts, then charge right in! I'll let my blade do the speaking!" Monochrome laughed heartily as he taunted the players from Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return.

"We're right here, what are you waiting for? Suddenly feeling weak in the knees? Spineless? Weren't you all supposed to be unbeatable? Bring out some of the attitude you guys always show after closing off entire maps to other players! I'm telling you lot, I'm from Asskickers United! If you ever bump into any members of my guild in the future, you better play filial like the bunch of grandsons you are!"

Due to Nie Yan's influence, the group acted completely unbridled, showing not a hint of politeness in their speech.

The taunts echoed like thunder throughout the narrow passage allowing almost every player from Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return to hear them.

The players from Victorious Return and Radiant Sacred Flame were fuming with anger. They launched several more assaults at Nie Yan's group, only to be thoroughly beaten back each time. They suffered almost 600 casualties in the process. A force 100,000 strong was being held back by only 25 players from Asskickers United. They couldn't set a single step over the line drawn by Nie Yan. What kind of face did they have left to respond? Would they really be forced into retreat in such a humiliating fashion?

No matter how unbridled they normally were, they couldn't help but feel helpless right now.

What else did they have left to say? They had lost all face! A small group who refused to accept this situation organized around 500 players to launch another frontal assault on Nie Yan's group. However, they were soundly defeated. This 25-player blockade set up by Nie Yan was iron tight, enduring wave after wave of attacks without showing any signs of collapse.