Chapter 221 - Strength of the Bull

Nie Yan and Sleepy Fox headed up to the viewing balcony along with their experts, while the players streamed into the arena below. They would fight however they wished to. An endless string of one-on-one bouts of single combat would end up taking forever, and there was plenty of space available in the open area. It made more sense to have everyone fight in whatever way they deemed appropriate, be it single or group combat.

Nie Yan and Sleepy Fox chatted as they watched the fighting below.

Nie Yan had given Resplendent Bladelight a Level 30 Gold one-handed sword with a life-steal property, one that Tang Yao had just recently obtained while grinding. Although Bladelight's attack power wasn't as overwhelming as his defense or enough for him, it was considered one of the highest in the game. Especially after factoring in the fact that he was four or five levels higher than his opponents, every slash from his sword would end up dealing massive damage. It was a shame that Nie Yan couldn't trade the Chapter of Courage around and lend it to Resplendent Bladelight. With the Chapter of Courage, he'd be able to toy with these players from Holy Empire.

Nie Yan continued his idle conversation with Sleepy Fox for a short time before finally suggesting, "How about we have Resplendent Bladelight spar with your people for a bit?"

An awkward expression flitted across Sleepy Fox's face before he protested, "Nie Yan, are you trying to bully us? Just look at Bladelight's level! And his equipment! You want my subordinates to line up and die?"

"How about you send out ten players against him?" Nie Yan countered. Bladelight would be hard-pressed in this battle. Nie Yan didn't know if Bladelight could actually defeat ten elites from Holy Empire.

Sleepy Fox started before asking, "You want him to fight in a 10 vs.1 battle?" Is it even possible? In this arena, with such limited space, no player of any class should be able to take out ten other players around their level. This Resplendent Bladelight is only a Level 30 Fighter, not some Level 40 or 50 monstrosity.

"He loses neither equipment nor experience from dying in the arena, so why not?" Nie Yan said as he laughed. Despite his confidence in Bladelight's ability, it wouldn't be proper to brag excessively.

Sleepy Fox stared oddly at Nie Yan for quite some time. After realizing that the other was actually serious about this, he nodded in consent, "Alright."

Sleepy Fox began picking out a few of his subordinates. Eternal Phoenix and Battle Fervor obviously couldn't go up, because sending his best to participate in a 10 vs. 1 fight would be a sign of weakness. Everyone else was roughly on the same skill level, so he casually chose ten of the stronger players at his disposal.

Ten players from Holy Empire, five Berserkers and five Mages, made their way into the arena after Sleepy Fox called them out. The classes of the players he picked were all solo-focused, deliberately choosing not to put a support class like a Priest into the group. After all, this was the arena! Sending a group of ten players that included a Priest just to deal with a single person was beyond bullying. That would absolutely be a team capable of fighting bosses in the wild! A team composed of five Berserkers and five Mages would be more than enough to make Resplendent Bladelight suffer.

The ten players, on the other hand, thought their leader sent them out to engage in battle with an opposing team, so they began preparing accordingly.

Nie Yan said to Bladelight, "They're already in place. You should go over too."

Resplendent Bladelight nodded and started walking. As the Holy Empire players saw him making a move, their hearts all tightened. They were all painfully aware that none of them could beat him in a duel.