Chapter 334 - Underworld

"Violet Mist, all the materials are here. The boss has some matters to take care of, so he'll be back in 5 days. During this time, manufacture as many Magic Bombs as possible, especially the Intermediate-ranked ones!" Bird instructed. He had tasked his subordinates to gather enough materials for over a thousand crafting attempts, the cost of which nearly made him keel over. A single Junior Magic Bomb had a material cost of roughly 1 gold. But this paled in comparison to the 15 gold material cost of an Intermediate Magic Bomb. He had only managed to secure enough materials for 30 Intermediate Magic Bombs. Like this, 1,500 gold went down the drain. He felt spending so much gold on crafting material was a waste, especially when finances were so tight. However, Nie Yan's orders were clear, so he would naturally carry out his task to a tee.

As the average level of the player base rose, so would the number of players using Magic Bombs. Tasoyi Village had already become a player hotspot, so the Junior Magic Bombs sold there regularly ran out of stock.

A Junior Magic Bomb would sell for 5 gold or higher in the auction house. Advanced Tinkerers were capable of manufacturing 200 Junior Magic Bombs a day. Subtracting the material costs, this was a net profit of 800 gold!

This was the most lucrative business Nie Yan could think of for the time being, so he wasn't stingy about the material costs. Even if he kept more than half the Junior Magic Bombs for himself and put up the rest for sale, he would still make profit!

Violet Mist's personal workshop was filled to the brim with crafting materials.

"Violet Mist, work hard. If your perform well, I'll let the boss know, so he'll give you a raise," Bird encouraged.

"Yes! I'll do my best!" Violet Mist nodded. She gazed at the piles of crafting materials. It appeared she was going to be very busy for the next few days.

She got to work right away, her nimble fingers constantly moving as she produced one Magic Bomb after another.

Violet Mist was a talented Tinkerer. Bird nodded in satisfaction after seeing her completing Nie Yan's task in earnest.

With news of the conflict between Asskickers United and Bloodlust Blades spreading to the four corners of the Viridian Empire, more and more players started participating in the bounty notices, the majority of whom were powerful experts. The ordinary players were lucky if they didn't throw their lives away in vain attempts to take down a player from Asskickers United or Bloodlust Blades.

Since battles often occurred in Level 40 maps or higher, it was difficult for ordinary players to participate.

On the other end of the spectrum, some individuals even achieved kill counts of over 100, leaving the major guilds scrambling over each other to recruit them. However, they were extremely rare exceptions.

This kind of hectic situation probably wouldn't end anytime soon.

...

Seven players were gathered together in a small house in the west district of Calore. They wore shabby equipment, except for the leader who appeared somewhat decent with a full set of Silver-grade equipment.

"Boss, Are you sure you want to go to Glory City? Why don't we just hunt the Asskickers United players in Calore?" asked one of the players.

The leader was a short-haired man in his 30s with a slim build. He wore ash-gray leather armour and carried two dinky-looking daggers. He was a Thief called King of the World.

"I agree. You have to pay 1 gold to teleport to Glory City. It's too expensive."

"We also don't have much gold. After selling all the equipment in our storages, we've only managed to pool together 2 gold. That's just enough for a round trip," said a player with the appearance of a 20-year-old youth.