Chapter 283 - Pearl of Disguise

As more higher level maps started getting explored, more chapters from the Book of Order would be discovered. All chapter holders that had yet to complete their respective volumes would be pitted against each other until one final victor emerged!

Nie Yan, who had just obtained the Chapter of Peace, was about to start his hunt to complete yet another volume!

Every hour from now, he would be reminded of who his rivals were, and where they were.

But as the owner of the Glimpse of Darkness, Nie Yan definitely held the advantage. There was no harm in him participating in the fight for the other chapters.

Nie Yan checked his other spoils, specifically that pearl!

He rummaged through his bag and took out the pearl which was about the size of a dove egg. It glistened beautifully with a light blue radiance under the rays of the sun.

Pearl of Disguise (Dark Gold): Special Item

Disguise: Within 10 hours of killing a target (player or NPC), the user may assume their appearance for up to 30 minutes. Attacking will dispel the disguise. Can be seen through by certain skills. Cooldown: 1 day

It really was the Pearl of Disguise!

The Pearl of Disguise was an extremely rare drop from Black Sea Devil Banmu that took up an accessory slot. It was an irreplaceable treasure to those who could take advantage of its unique ability.

It had limited use to the members of the Righteous Faction. However, over in the Evil Faction, this item was highly coveted.

The Pearl of Disguise, along with the Silk Spinner Ring, Crawler Ring, and Leaper Ring, were treasures of immense value to Nie Yan.

However, the Disguise skill had its limitations. It was pivotal Nie Yan acted with caution when using it. His Eye of Truth skill, for example, could see right through the disguise!

Nie Yan looked at the remaining two pieces of loot. One of them was a golden scroll. It was covered in runes and patterns. With a glance, he could tell these runes originated in the Dark Era. They gave off a strange and gloomy air.

It wasn't a magic scroll but rather another type of item. Nie Yan slowly unfurled the scroll, causing a golden radiance to blossom out. After the radiance dimmed down, he discovered a fully intact map.

Several characters on the top right corner of the map were written in the Vanbiya language of the undead: "Lich King Insar's Secret Treasure!" The eccentric brush strokes of these characters radiated a gloomy, corrosive power.

It was a Legendary-grade Hidden Treasure Map, and it was even fully intact!

It was extremely rare to find an undamaged treasure map. Normally, they would be divided into many fragments. Very few could piece together a whole map. Looking over this map, Nie Yan raised an eyebrow in surprise. He examined the drawings on the map, its mountains, plains, and rivers, as well as icons denoting the underworld. All types of scenery appeared before his eyes.

Nie Yan carefully examined the map. After some time he identified a few familiar landmarks. The mountains, plains, and rivers probably belonged to the Level 60 map, Sonier Valley. There's actually a passage in Sonier Valley leading to the underworld? How come I've never heard of this before?

Lich King Insar's hidden treasure was located in the underworld. As for where exactly it was hidden, he would have to reference back to the map once he arrived in the underworld.

Nie Yan read over a summary about Lich King Insar. He was once a pirate who collected vast amounts of wealth and treasure. Later on in his life, he became fascinated with necromancy and started learning its arts of raising the dead. Gifted with immense talent, he became a powerful lich. At the last stretch of his life, he buried the treasures he had amassed and drew up a treasure map, enchanting it with an undead curse; it was the key to opening his treasure. After entering eternal sleep, some of his subordinates stole the treasure map, eager for its riches. But they fell to its curse, and the map was lost in the sands of time ever since.