Chapter 305 - Crystal Caverns

This was usually the end result when ordinary players faced off against elites, a one-sided slaughter. According to convention, Warriors tanked at the front while the Mages behind them focused their firepower on two or three individuals at a time. Which in turn was offset by the healing from the Priests. These battles tended to drag out for a long time before reaching their conclusion.

This was also the strategy of Bloodlust Blades, keep the battle in a deadlock until reinforcements arrived. The enemy would have nowhere left to run. But who could've predicted Nie Yan's group would topple all expectations. Nie Yan, Sun, and One Strike Vow through their outstanding skill bypassed multiple layers of defenses and ambushed the Priests in the backline. Following which the defensive line at the front crumbled due to the lack of healing, leaving the Mages completely exposed. It was this series of decisive blows that led to the more than 300 players from Bloodlust Blades being soundly defeated in just under six minutes.

The might of Nie Yan's group was clear for all to see.

The surviving players from Bloodlust Blades lost all will to fight and fled for their lives, lest they lost the chance.

Piles of corpses littered the ground. Only Nie Yan's group remained on the battlefield.

"How many did we lose?" Nie Yan asked. It would be wishful thinking to hope they suffered no casualties after such a battle.

"Three. We've recovered their equipment. But if we revive them here, they'll suffer an even heavier experience penalty. Plus, we have even more difficult battles up ahead of us. So I decided it was best to let them respawn in the cemetery," Smoke Stub replied.

Nie Yan nodded in approval. Fortunately, they only lost three members. These losses were within an acceptable range.

"Everyone, get back on your mounts. We're leaving!" Nie Yan ordered. They couldn't dally in one place for too long.

If they kept skirmishing with the forces of Bloodlust Blades, with their numbers slowly being shaved away every time, there would eventually be none of them left! Although Nie Yan could go back to Calore with a Return Scroll, the others who were branded with red names didn't have that luxury. After they risked their lives to save him, how could he just abandon them to save his own skin?

Everyone got back on their horses and continued galloping south. Before long, a dense forest came into view at the edge of the prairie. Nie Yan's eyes lit up. It would be much easier to get out alive under the cover of the forest. No matter how large of a force Bloodlust Blades brought, it would be difficult to surround them.

Just as Nie Yan was inwardly celebrating, he received a warning from Guo Huai.「Don't go there! Over 6,000 players from Bloodlust Blades are lurking in ambush. It's too dangerous without Advanced Magic! Flee to the Crystal Caverns in the east. It's a Level 50 map. When you're there, Bloodlust Blades will have no way of catching you no matter how many people they send. All of you can hole yourselves up there, then come out when you've cleared your red names. Just be careful. Crystal Caverns is an unexplored map, so there's bound to be a lot of high-level Elites and Sub Elites.

Even Nie Yan was flabbergasted by how Guo Huai obtained this information. Ever since the incident that occured in Sinful Gorge, Guo Huai started doing his utmost to expand Asskickers United's intelligence network. With the support of the Dragonsoar Financial Group, resources were no issue. Now, all that effort was finally paying off.

It took many capable individuals for Asskickers United to reach this stage!

After receiving Guo Huai's warning, Nie Yan immediately led the group away from the forest and toward the Crystal Caverns in the east.