Chapter 396 - Illusion Steps

Lightning Storm was a Rank 2 Elemental Hall Magic with a radius of 75 meters.

Most spells classified as Advanced Magic possessed an immense destructive power and were unparalleled at killing players. Only certain special life saving skills could allow a player to escape from one.

A cryptic chant flowed out of Cold Flame's mouth as if he were counting down the seconds to the day of reckoning. As soon as the last syllable left his mouth, a cataclysm would descend upon the world!

A sparse 20 seconds remained before Cold Flame completed his incantation. Every second that passed brought Nie Yan's group one step closer to doom!

"Paladins, stop that Elementalist! Warriors, open up a path!" Nie Yan ordered, his tone grim. He feared the ordinary members of Asskickers United were no match for who they were about to face. 20 seconds simply wasn't enough time! He swept his gaze over the players on the side of Mad Blade. All class advanced, this will be tough... I guess it's up to me. He activated stealth, and his silhouette slowly faded into the background.

Charge!

Indomitable Will!

More than 30 Warriors and Paladins rushed out towards Mad Blade and his group with a single purpose in mind. Preventing Cold Flame from casting Lightning Storm!

"All trash!" Starbright snorted. Anyone below Level 50 was nothing more than an ant in the eyes of a class advanced player. He waved his staff and fired out an Arcane Flame Burst.

「Bang!」The Arcane Flame Burst arced in a parabola and smashed into one of the Paladins, blasting him backwards until he crashed into a tree, killing him instantly.

Starbright appeared absolutely domineering with his superior level, gear, and stats.

What a powerful attack!

"Did you already forget about us? As if we'd let you cast Silence so easily!" The three Shamans each placed down a different totem, greatly buffing the stats of Mad Blade and the others.

Chain Lightning!

Three bolts of lightning crackled through the air and struck the Paladins and Warriors from Asskickers United. Thankfully, the Priests in the back provided timely support and prevented them from dying.

Paladin of the Elegy scanned the battlefield before giving out an order in voice chat,「All Mages, take down the Elementalist and Shaman over there!」

The Mages raised their staffs and sent a shower of spells flying towards the Shaman.

Seeing that things weren't looking good, the Shaman wanted to turn tail and flee, but it was already too late.

Despair filled his eyes as more than 30 spells rained down on him and blasted him into oblivion.

The Elementalist also suffered a similar fate.

Even if they were stronger, they still wouldn't be able to survive such an intense barrage!

Mad Blade was holding off seven Warriors and Paladins by himself. He let out a deep roar and struck the ground with his sword set ablaze.

Flame Quake!

Fissures spewing scorching flames snaked through the terrain and blasted the Warriors and Paladins back, dealing over 1,000 damage to all of them.

Mad Blade looked around, but he couldn't find any trace of Nie Yan. An intense feeling of danger arose in his heart.

Mad Blade had watched videos of Nie Yan's past exploits before. His speed was so breathtaking that a certain phrase started spreading on the forums, "When Nirvana Flame draws his dagger, he'll never miss his target!"