Chapter 249 - Bringing to Level

Yao Yao was farming Hyenas in the depths of Violetdream Plains with Yu Lan and the rest of their team.

"Yao Yao, what's wrong? You look worried," Yu Lan asked, a concerned expression clearly visible on her face.

Yao Yao shook her head. "It's nothing, I'm fine." Her voice chat lit up as she replied. It was Xia Ling!

"Sorry, Big Sis. I have to take this call." Yao Yao gave Yu Lan an apologetic look before answering the voice chat.

Seeing Yao Yao being so tight-lipped, Yu Lan's curiosity was piqued. Just what was going on?

Xia Ling, how did it go?」Yao Yao asked in a pressing tone. Her heart was filled with a mixture of anticipation and restlessness. This kind of complicated emotion was hard to describe.

Xia Ling initially wanted to tease Xie Yao a little before telling her the news. But after hearing the anxiety in her best friend's voice, she discarded the thought.「You were right: he's Nirvana Flame. He probably doesn't know your in-game name though.

Xie Yao felt like a huge weight was lifted off her chest, but her mind turned into even more of a chaotic mess as she struggled to resolve the conflict in her heart. She was at a loss for quite a while after finding out Nie Yan was precisely that Nirvana Flame who she so deeply admired.

Xia Ling, what do you think I should do?

Since he's right there for the taking, why don't you just snatch him up yourself? I think he's a good catch. He's talented, and his personality is much better than Liu Rui's. I'm telling you now, Nie Yan is being eyed by almost every girl in our class. If you're slow now, don't regret it after he gets taken by another girl,」Xia Ling teased.

Xie Yao's cheeks started to burn up. She still held some reservations. What if Nie Yan didn't like her back? As she got to this point in her train of thoughts, a faint ripple surfaced in her heart, though she didn't know what it signified.

He said he wants to be your man,」Xia Ling said with a laugh, accurately guessing what was going through her best friend's mind right now.

Really? Me?

Yes, you! Xie Yao! Are you willing? Do you want me to tell him that you're Yao Yao?」Xia Ling asked. She was in favour of seeing Nie Yan and Xie Yao becoming a couple.

Xie Yao considered for a moment before shaking her head.「No, it's better he doesn't know. Don't tell him for now.

Xia Ling didn't attempt to force Xie Yao in any direction. She felt that too much outside interference would make things worse.

I'll let you deal with this by yourself. Luckily for you, none of our classmates know you play Conviction; otherwise, your secret would've already been revealed,」Xia Ling said, sympathizing with her friend. On the one hand, Xie Yao could spend time with Nie Yan both in game and reality. On the other hand, Xie Yao would probably worry things would become awkward between them if he found out her identity.

If I can, I'll keep it a secret for a while longer. Hopefully, I'll get to reveal it to him one day under the right circumstances,」Xie Yao said. She felt a little happy that Nie Yan wanted to woo her in real life. But when she recalled how distant he seemed in-game, she couldn't help but feel at a bit of a loss.

Xie Yao had discovered some time ago that Nie Yan was purposefully keeping his distance from her, which was a source of sadness for her.

Nie Yan had no idea that Yao Yao and Xie Yao were the same person. In his eyes, Yao Yao was an intoxicating poison. He would never forget that night they spent together in that secret chamber. The memory crossed his mind from time to time. Her pure-white body laid completely bare before him-bewitching, like a goddess who had fallen down to earth. He was worried he would fall to this temptation again. He had a favourable impression of her, to the extent you could say he liked her very much. After all, they had been friends for so long. However, his love for Xie Yao was carved into his very being, so deeply that it would forever remain!