Chapter 321 - Daze

It was rumoured that this company ran a metal business, smuggling ores into the country with the military's backing. The heads of the gaming organizations originally didn't pay much attention to these rumours. But thinking about it now, their minds descended into shock.

They looked up at Nie Yan, their expressions completely different. Their gazes were now full of resolve.

After Nie Yan got off the stage, Little Su stepped in to replace him. She began explaining the finer details of the War God Tribe's development plan. The audience was much more receptive to her words compared to before.

"I didn't know you were such a charismatic speaker!" Ah Chen teased when Nie Yan returned.

Nie Yan faked a laugh, but inwardly thought, after so many years of experience, how could something as insignificant as this rattle me?

Father Nie faintly nodded. Nie Yan's performance had thoroughly satisfied him. My son has grown up. He continued to chat with the group for a while before something occurred to him. "Wait, son, doesn't the Tuoba Family own the Nisode auction houses you mentioned?" Father Nie asked.

Nie Yan began explaining how he acquired the auction houses as well as the Tuoba Family's internal turmoil. All signs pointed toward Tuoba Time preparing to take action against Tuoba Hongye!

Father Nie thought of something. He looked toward the back of the crowd and ordered, "Little Li, give me an updated report on the Tuoba Family's situation."

"The Tuoba Family controls a total of seven companies. They've recently encountered some financial problems due to the Century Financial Group attempting a hostile takeover of two of their companies. Tuoba Hongye and Tuoba Fengyuan are currently scrambling to stop this by dumping shares into their less important companies and liquidating their assets..."

With the Tuoba Family and Century Financial Group going at each other so fiercely, there were definitely sharks circling around, smelling the stench of blood.

"It's a good opportunity." Father Nie's eyes lit up. With Nie Yan settling the War God Tribe's gold problems, they had a huge surplus of real world capital to invest. Why not take this opportunity to fish in troubled waters? Who knew what kind of benefits they could reap from this struggle between two large financial groups, especially if they played their cards right!

While Father Nie went to arrange these things, Nie Yan remained to delegate some of the War God Tribe's more pressing matters.

When everything was settled, the day was almost over. It appeared Nie Yan had unwittingly played hooky all day. However, it couldn't be helped. He drove home. After dinner, he would log back into Conviction.

...

Huahai High School.

The day had passed in the blink of an eye. As the sun set, the final rays of orange light shone through the classroom windows.

Xie Yao sat in her seat, staring at the empty desk beside her. Every time she noticed the void where he should be, she felt a sense of loss. When she logged off, she had been quite annoyed with him. However, when he didn't show up at school, the annoyance in her heart slowly faded away, leaving behind only emptiness.

Xie Yao absent-mindedly glanced out the window.

"Xie Yao, school's over. Let's go." Xia Ling walked over.

"Hmm? Oh, alright. Let me pack my things." Xie Yao snapped out of her daze and began tidying up her desk.

Xia Ling looked at Xie Yao with a teasing smile on her face. "Nie Yan didn't come today?"