Chapter 274 - Dragonsoar Financial Group

The guild was still in a frenzy, with everyone incessantly discussing the events that unfolded at Sinful Gorge.

Although Nie Yan's group had only succeeded by exploiting the winding terrain, such a paltry excuse couldn't cover up the immense humiliation suffered by Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return.

Nie Yan gathered the elite figures of his guild together in the headquarters to deal with the administrative affairs.

"What were our guild's losses like?" Nie Yan inquired, turning his head towards Guo Huai.

"They were in the acceptable range. 300 of our brothers managed to hole up in a cave and hold off their attackers. In addition to that, another hundred or so found hideouts and rode out the storm that way. We did loot tons of equipment, far more than what we lost. The only real losses were our players' levels, but luckily the Buried History patch made leveling up much easier. They'll be able to grind back up in no time," Guo Huai answered. Asskickers United could definitely afford these losses. After all, just killing so many Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return players already far outweighed any losses they suffered.

"What about Holy Empire and Sapphire Shrine?" Nie Yan asked. His allies' casualties were definitely not so light.

"Not many of their people survived, but such losses shouldn't be too bad for them. Their foundations shouldn't be shaken at all," Guo Huai judged. A guild that went into an uncertain conflict like the one in Sinful Gorge would obviously know there was a high chance of failure. Major guilds like them had deep pockets and oceans of people. So what if a bunch of them died once?

"Properly compensate the players who died. We can't let them lose out," Nie Yan instructed. Fair and just post-battle arrangements were critical, leaving no one with reasons to complain. As for distributing the merit points everyone had earned, Nie Yan simply tasked Guo Huai with doling them out.

"Don't worry, I've got it covered," Guo Huai promised. The current Asskickers United had quite a few administrative personnel. The guild's ability to run smoothly was in no small part due to them. When divvying out rewards, the system would provide a lot of helpful data. Coupled with additional oversight from these managers, problems of unfair distribution rarely surfaced.

"Before I forget, you should also hand out the equipment prizes I promised," Nie Yan added.

"That reminds me, there was something I had to tell you. While you were fighting in Sinful Gorge, some of our members came into conflict with Bloodlust Blades, Alliance of Mages, and Divine Protectors."

"What was the result?"

"We lost over 200..."

Nie Yan's heart sank. He thought for a bit before giving his verdict. "If you can get me their exact coordinates, report it immediately. If not, don't worry about it. They're not a threat to us for the time being, anyway."

"I understand, but don't brush them off. We've always been competing with Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return, and our losses haven't been small. If we're dragged down by our current rivals, the gap between us and those three will only increase. They've already started to take control of strongholds and they're close to or already Rank 6 guilds. If we don't develop faster, and they bring the fight to us, we'll be the ones to suffer a loss."

Nie Yan nodded solemnly, fully aware of the grim reality. Guo Huai's thoughts weren't alarmist paranoia, but the truth.

"I also heard Century Financial Group and the Kalon Fund teamed up to acquire 36% of Angel Corps. Even though that's not a controlling share, it's enough for Century Financial Group to have some say in their affairs," Guo Huai reported. He was aware Nie Yan had some kind of conflict with Century Financial Group, so he thought his brother might be interested in this piece of news about them.