Chapter 382 - Reward Building

There were numerous buildings in the vicinity, with the Magic Tower being the tallest and most conspicuous.

When a Mage completed their class advancement, they were eligible to learn at least one Advanced Magic from a Magic Tower. They could also study different types of magic here.

The vast majority of Great Mages would choose to discard many of their old spells after entering the Magic Tower and elect to learn new ones based on their needs.

Magic Towers generally contained thousands of spells, so most Great Mages would come out completely different from before.

It was rumoured there were a total of 10 Magic Towers in the Viridian Empire. Three were located in the Remote Tundra, Sea of Endless Perils, and Wild Marsh, and were home to countless powerful spells. Two were fairly close to each other in Calore and Nisode. But they only held around 600 spells, and the most common ones at that.

The locations of the remaining five Magic Towers had remained a mystery for quite a while in the previous timeline. It wasn't until later on that the one in the Cripps Stronghold was discovered. But it was controlled by Victorious Return, and only their guild members were permitted access. If outsiders wanted to enter, not only would they have to be on friendly terms with Victorious Return, they would also have to pay an entry fee of 6,000 gold.

The Magic Towers in Calore and Nisode were too lacking. When players heard the Cripps Stronghold had a Magic Tower, they rushed over one after another. Even if they had to spend a bit of gold, the spells inside were well worth the cost of admission!

Magic Towers generally didn't collapse due to the passing of time because they were protected by a powerful magic formation. Even if the Cripps Stronghold was destroyed, this Magic Tower would still be standing tall.

So long as Asskickers United maintained ownership of the Cripps Stronghold, this Magic Tower would become a strategic resource of theirs!

This Magic Tower was a reward for capturing the Cripps Stronghold. The Intermediate Strongholds near Nisode, Moonlight City, and the other cities also had similar buildings as a reward, such as a Warrior Arena, Priest Prayer Hall, Paladin Holy Shrine, or Thief Hideout.

"Our Mages are really lucky," Nie Yan said. A Magic Tower would serve as a great boon to the Mages of Asskickers United.

Intermediate was the highest rank stronghold Victorious Return had captured in the previous timeline. At Level 100 they had once attempted to capture an Advanced Stronghold but were annihilated. After that, they never tried again. The Buried History expansion was released much earlier in this timeline, so there were bound to be some changes.

Needless to say the Cripps Stronghold was crucial to the growth of Asskickers United. Its geographical location also contributed to its importance, since it was surrounded by four allied strongholds. Travel between any of them would only take 20 minutes. It would become the anchor that held everything together and facilitate the quick mobilization of troops.

If they succeeded, Nie Yan would definitely relocate the main guild headquarters to the Cripps Stronghold and make it Asskickers United's new homebase.

Of the four strongholds, one belonged to Asskickers United, two to Holy Empire, and one to Sapphire Shrine. With the Cripps Stronghold guarded at the center, the region would be impenetrable.

The Magic Tower's importance was unquestioned. Asskickers United would naturally exploit it to its full potential.

Nie Yan approached the Magic Tower, only to be stopped by a faint screen of light. When he tried touching it, he felt a strong repelling force.