Chapter 356 - Raining Gold

A while later, Nie Yan arrived at the Calore Mercenary Auction House. He listed up several pieces of Night Vision and Focus increasing equipment, immediately inciting a mad scramble among the players present. It wasn't every day such highly sought after equipment appeared in the marketplace, so how could they let this opportunity slip by?

All of Calore's attention was suddenly focused on these pieces of equipment. The competition was fierce, the prices rocketing sky high.

Nie Yan visited every large auction house in Calore, selling over 20 pieces of equipment in total. Afterwards, he made his way to the auction houses in other cities, such as Hilderlocke, Glory City, and so on. The appearance of Night Vision equipment stirred up huge waves in these places.

Thanks to the perks of the Grand Scholar title, Nie Yan freely travelled to the 30 plus cities across the Viridian Empire, selling more than 100 pieces of equipment in total. Although this seemed like a lot, it was a mere drop in the ocean compared to the deluge of items that circulated through the empire every day.

The equipment Nie Yan listed up sparked fierce competition in every city. The bids increased less frequently in the smaller cities, but in some of the larger ones the equipment would sell for a premium.

This lively spectacle persisted as the items were sold throughout the empire. Nie Yan checked his trade logs.

Your Disintegrator Gloves have been successfully auctioned off for 2,820 gold!

Your Light Source Cuisses have been successfully auctioned off for 2,305 gold!

...

One notification after the other popped up in Nie Yan's trade logs while gold poured into his personal storage by the thousands. His balance rose up from 50,000 gold to 100,000 gold, 200,000 gold, and finally 360,000 gold.

As the last item auctioned off, the first round of offloading was over. Nie Yan checked his bag, which still contained roughly 180 pieces of equipment. He had saved the best for last, planning to get rid of them later when the players were hungry for more.

When the six pieces of Night Vision equipment were auctioned off, the bidding frenzy in the Calore Central Auction House finally calmed down. However, the crowd didn't disperse; they were waiting for Nie Yan to continue listing up more items. Only after a long time with nothing happening did they realize that the ship had already sailed. Those who failed to get anything were endlessly vexed, cursing themselves for not taking action sooner.

"I guess it's over. Let's leave."

"Dammit! If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have held back. I thought that guy was going to continue dumping equipment. I was too hopeful."

"This world has no potion for regret. So be it. Get someone to keep watch over the auction house. Who knows if he'll be back with more."

Only now did the crowd in the Central Auction House finally disperse.

Nie Yan glanced at the 360,000 gold in his personal storage. He could do many things with this gold, at the very least restore the gear quality of Asskickers United back to its previous state prior to the war with Bloodlust Blades.

Guo Huai, you finished with the calculations? How much gold do we need to spend?」Nie Yan asked. He wanted to fully compensate every member in Asskickers United for all the losses they suffered. He planned to reward them for their loyalty in the future as well.

"At least 120,000 gold, which averages to about roughly 2 gold per player. A lot of our guild members have suffered setbacks due to the loss of their gear, with their average level dropping by at least three, so we'll need to compensate them for that as well," Guo Huai replied. He knew they owed quite a bit in restitution, but with their current finances being so tight, this matter could only be put off for the time being.