Chapter 256 - Plot

"I don't have enough points." Moon Child shook her head. It was still a bit too early to be thinking about Level 40 equipment. After all, she wasn't even Level 30 yet, and Priests were generally much slower at levelling up compared to other classes.

"How about we leave it in the treasury for now? It can go to whoever gets to Level 40 first," Ten Li Painted Muslin suggested.

Only now did Nie Yan get a chance to examine this recent recruit. She wore light blue Priest robes, and had a graceful and gentle bearing. In terms of appearance, she didn't lose out in the slightest to beauties like Yao Yao, Yu Lan, and Moon Child.

"I suppose we'll keep it in the treasury then. If any of you want it, just let me know." Nie Yan nodded. Top quality Dark Gold-grade equipment such as the Divine Right Set definitely couldn't be treated like regular items in the treasury. They were obtained through the combined efforts of the expedition team members who braved all sorts of dangers with potentially disastrous outcomes, after all. It would be a great loss if an enemy spy managed to smuggle one out of the guild, so such equipment would be restricted to contracted elites only.

In the previous timeline, a Lord dropping two pieces of Dark Gold-grade equipment was very rare. If not a single piece of equipment dropped, then you could only blame your bad luck. However, as the first group to explore this map, Nie Yan's expedition team got to reap greater rewards. They had really lucked out, obtaining five pieces of Dark Gold-grade equipment from a single Lord!

Nie Yan led the group deeper into Everlasting City, clearing away all Mechanical and Plasma Core Golems in their path. Besides six members dying in combat, no other mishaps worth mentioning occurred. Two were revived by the Priests, while the remaining few didn't get to enjoy such luxury. But on the whole, everything was progressing pretty smoothly.

During this time, they managed to complete the Everlasting Gold Set. Bladelight put on the new set, improving his stats significantly, then handed down his old set to Yi Yan. They also obtained another Everlasting Silver Set, which Nie Yan planned to hand over to Sleepy Fox as per their previous agreement.

They were having a tremendous harvest on this trip in Everlasting City, obtaining all sorts of high-quality equipment. Nie Yan had rewarded everyone with at least 500 merit points each so far. Some even earned up to a thousand. The average level of the team also increased by one since setting foot inn the map.

Nie Yan quickly set about making his preparations for taking on the next Lord-the Goblin Flame Manipulator, a Machine-type monster that could employ Fire Magic. Its combat power was extremely formidable. However, with the Everlasting Gold Set, Bladelight was ready to take on the challenge.

There was also a unique way of defeating the Goblin Flame Manipulator. Its damage was extremely high, and there was a chance the whole expedition team would be wiped out if they were hit by one of its area-of-effect spells. When it started casting large-scale magic, it was imperative that the players got out of its range in time. As for predicting when it was going to cast an area-of-effect spell, Nie Yan had a special method. It was something which the players on the forums of the previous timeline had come up with. On top of this, he also had some prior experiences with this boss, since he had taken part in expeditions to defeat it before.

The team was still not perfectly in sync, so they couldn't perform group dodges very quickly yet. They wiped twice before finishing off the Goblin Flame Manipulator on their third attempt. It dropped three pieces of Dark Gold-grade equipment.

Greatly relieved, everyone sat down scattered across the square and began to heal up from the fight.

"Compared to the Goblin Eviscerator, this one was way too hard!" Bladelight wiped the beads of sweat from his forehead. Killing the Goblin Flame Manipulator had barely given them enough experience to make up for the losses they sustained after wiping twice.