Chapter 323 - Awed

Countless players applied to Asskickers United every day, but only a tiny fraction of them were accepted due to the stringent screening process. This was why Asskickers United had far fewer members than other major guilds. But what they lacked in numbers they made up for in quality. Every member of Asskickers United was an elite. So other than experts, ordinary players generally weren't a match for them.

It remained to be seen whether the bounty notice Bloodlust Blades put up would have any effect. But with such high rewards offered, it would undoubtedly tempt many players.

With Bloodlust Blades acting so aggressively, Nie Yan obviously had to fight back with even greater ferocity. In the previous timeline, he had been repeatedly hunted down by major guilds, especially the five under Cao Xu's command. He was absolutely reviled by them, because he often popped up out of nowhere to launch sneak attacks and kill their players. With his hit-and-run tactics, he had killed hundreds of their guild members, an extraordinary accomplishment that had garnered their hatred. Of course, such a deed had its price: he had died five times during his ambushes. Because of this, Nie Yan absolutely abhorred this kind of large-scale bounty hunting. Now that he had the money, he would definitely take back every inch of skin he had lost!

This sort of bounty notice was a war of resources, a competition to see who had more gold.

Nie Yan added further details to the bounty notice he released in the Union of Assassins. The reward would differ depending on the player's level. The higher the level, the better the reward. The leadership and strongest members had larger bounties put on their heads, upwards of several hundred gold. Bloodlust Mad Blade was at the very top with 3,000 gold. Level 30 or below players netted no reward because Bloodlust Blades didn't accept anyone that weak. The vast majority of their players were around Level 35. Killing the same player repeatedly would net diminished rewards: 2 gold for the first time, 1 gold for the second, 50 silver for the third, and so on. Furthermore, the reward for killing a red named player and making them drop all their equipment was 5 gold. A kill didn't count if the nearby enemy Priests weren't all eliminated.

When Nie Yan passed down this bounty notice to the Union of Assassin, it immediately garnered the attention of the entire organization. Such high rewards were extremely enticing, much more lucrative than the usual levelling missions.

The Union of Assassins had gathered professional players from all across the nation. All of them showed great interest in the mission. The transfer points in Calore lit up brilliantly as waves of professional players flocked to Glory City.

It was impossible to predict how much success the Union of Assassins would have. But one thing was certain. The vast majority of professional players were highly skilled experts. Nie Yan's bounty notice even caused some professional players who joined Asskickers United to depart for Glory City.

It would take a while for the Union of Assassins to show some results. Meanwhile, back on the thread Bloodlust Blades issued out on the forums, the kill count was still rapidly rising. Over 300 players from Asskickers United had already been killed. Bloodlust blades was only required to pay out 600 gold for this while Asskickers United had suffered a loss of several thousand gold. Seeing how effective it was, Bloodlust Blades issued out the bounty notice in every city's forum.

Nie Yan quickly issued out an order for the players of Asskickers United to conceal their identities while going out levelling.

Even Asskickers United couldn't deal with being pursued by so many ordinary players!

Nie Yan also released the bounty notice he put on Bloodlust Blades out to the public.

The two guilds entered a war of attrition as gold flowed out like water, seeing which side could hold out the longest.