Chapter 343 - Black Kingsnake Shield

Nie Yan was curious about the properties of a greatshield dropped from a top ranked Spectral Knight from Fallen Angel. It would be great if it had no faction restriction. The shield of a main tank was usually the most precious piece of equipment on them. For example, Bladelight's current shield would go for over 4,000 gold in the marketplace.

Just as Nie Yan put away the shield in his bag, a shower of spells came raining down on him. He quickly activated his Darkbright Barrier as a membrane of light enveloped him.

「Bang! Bang! Bang!」The bright flashes of magic blinded Nie Yan as his health rapidly plummeted.

Nie Yan hurriedly drank an Intermediate Health Potion. There was no time to examine the properties of the greatshield. He activated Disappear and vanished like a puff of smoke in front of these players from Fallen Angel.

At this moment, the Zombie Overseer swung down withs its machete and sent one of Nie Yan's Zombie Foremen flying. It didn't differentiate between friend or foe, attacking anything within sight.

Nie Yan hurriedly commanded his minions to withdraw. He had lost a Zombie Foreman to the Zombie Overseer. But the players from Fallen Angel suffered far heavier losses, with more than 10 of them dying to the Zombie Overseer, while several fleeing survivors were picked off by him.

Nie Yan inspected the Zombie Overseer's health. It had recovered from 5% to 15%. It sauntered over to the Zombie Foreman's corpse and took a huge bite, whereupon its health started recovering even faster.

This was the Corpse Eater skill of the Zombie Overseer!

Nie Yan could've finished the Zombie Overseer off by himself if it had remained at low health. But now, it was impossible. He was forced to give up and retreat with Lil' Gold and his two remaining Zombie Foremen.

While the Zombie Overseer pursued the fleeing players from Fallen Angel, Nie Yan took advantage of the opportunity to pick up all the loot of the ground. He had burned through a lot of his consumables the day prior, so he had plenty of free space in his bag. He obtained quite a few pieces of Level 45 Gold and Dark Gold-grade equipment. Sadly, only a chestplate and a mage hood could be brought back to the surface. The rest of the equipment was restricted to players of the Evil Faction. However, both these items were Dark Gold-grade with decent properties. He planned to store them in the guild's treasury.

Nie Yan's heart skipped a beat when he examined the shield dropped by Blood Scar.

Black Kingsnake Shield (Sub Legendary)

Description: The undead Blacksmith Ini used the scales of a Black Kingsnake to create this greatshield with superb defensive capabilities.

Requirements: 620 Strength, 520 Dexterity

Properties: Defenses 1039-1051, Block Rate 32%, Resilience +37.

Full Guard: Nullify the damage and effects of any attack targeted at the player. Cooldown: 1 day

Weight: 52 lb

Restrictions: Spectral Knight; can only be equipped by players of the Evil Faction.

What high defense! It was a piece of Sub Legendary-grade equipment. Sadly, it wasn't worth much on the surface due to the faction restriction. Even though it could be broken down into about 600 gold's worth of crafting materials, this was a piddling amount compared to its true value of 6,000 gold!

Nie Yan thought for a moment. He wasn't allowed to sell items from the Righteous Faction to the Evil Faction. But he was free to do as he pleased with items from the Evil Faction. He could earn quite a bit of gold by selling the Black Kingsnake Shield in an auction house. However, this required him to infiltrate a city in the Underworld first.