Chapter 346 - Graveyard Village

You have discovered Valitin Graveyard Village.

Valitin Graveyard Village was surrounded by dilapidated tombstones, the words engraved on them having long since become unrecognizable. The earth was littered with the bones of the dead. The village was enclosed by wooden fencing and contained only around a dozen buildings, the most conspicuous of which being the lighthouse. However, its foundation was slowly sinking into the ground, and even appeared to be on the brink of collapsing.

The graveyard surrounding Valitin was its most effective defense against attackers. With a nearly inexhaustible supply of corpses, NPCs could summon an army of skeleton soldiers whenever a battle broke out. This was why Valitin didn't require walls.

Near the outskirts of the village, Nie Yan put on some black garbs and covered his face with a cloak. He used the Necklace of Deception to alter his alignment to the Evil Faction and drank a Potion of Illusion concocted by Bird to change his appearance.

The Necklace of Deception's effect lasted for 3 hours. Only certain special skills could see through it.

In towns and cities, no one would randomly use an eye skill to inspect another player.

Nie Yan was also a madman. Very few people would dare to do what he was doing right now.

Of course, Nie Yan wasn't a reckless fool. He hid an Unknown Transfer scroll in his pocket, so he could teleport away at a moment's notice if he was recognized by an NPC.

A Necromancer and a Dark Incantist passed by Nie Yan on the road. They glanced at him for a moment before turning away with disinterest.

Little did they know that Nie Yan was prepared for a fight. He couldn't confirm whether or not the Necklace of Deception was effective. Seeing these two players hadn't recognized him, he breathed out a sigh of relief.

Nie Yan walked toward the village entrance, which was littered with all sorts of junk.

Two guards clad in tattered armour and wielding shabby halberds stood at both sides of the entrance. Beneath their rusty helmets were skeletal faces. They inspected every player that entered the village.

Skeleton Guardian (Elite): Level ???

Health: ???

Nie Yan couldn't see the levels of these Skeleton Guardians. He feared they would see through his disguise. He gritted his teeth and walked forward, bracing himself for the worst.

The Skeleton Guardians looked in Nie Yan's direction. The green flames in their eye sockets flickered as they stared at his face for a long time.

Nie Yan's nerves were stretched taut. These Skeleton Guardians were capable of dispatching him in a single hit. He clutched the Unknown Transfer Scroll in his hand. He planned to teleport away at the slightest sign of danger. If he was slow by a beat, he was dead meat.

The Skeleton Guardians stiffly turned away their heads. An odd groaning sound escaped from their jaws. They no longer paid attention to Nie Yan and started inspecting the next player in line.

Only then did Nie Yan's grip on the Unknown Transfer Scroll relax. He passed the Skeleton Guardians and walked into the village.

Valitin was a run-down village. Several of its buildings were teetering on the verge of collapse. No one knew how long it had existed. However, its bluestone streets were bustling with activity. There were many Level 40-50 maps nearby, so many players came here in droves every day, which of course brought in a lot of trade. There were many player owned stalls set up along the sides of the street, selling all sorts of equipment and materials. The sound of players haggling over prices could be heard everywhere.