Chapter 246 - New Student

"It's almost time for class. Let's head back."

Nie Yan and the rest of his classmates returned to the classroom.

"Hey, do you play Conviction?" Zhai Hao asked. Almost everybody was talking about this game right now. For many, it was an essential part of their lives.

Xie Yao couldn't help but perk up her ears as she turned her attention to Nie Yan. She felt he resembled a certain someone she knew inside the game to an uncanny degree. Their names were pronounced the same. They spoke and acted in a similar manner. She also felt that same sense of deep familiarity.

However, Xie Yao reminded herself that some people took on completely different personas in game. For example, she was fairly reserved in reality. But when she entered Conviction, she became livelier and her temperament was also more cheerful. Inside the game, she could release all the stress bottled up inside her after a long day.

Then again, some people behaved the same both in game and reality.

"Of course I play," Nie Yan replied. The students talked the most about their level and equipment inside the game. High level and good gear equated to face. If they found an amazing piece of equipment, the first thing they would do was show it off to their peers. Although this sort of pissing contest was somewhat childish, it was something that was always brought up.

"What level are you?" Zhai Hao immediately grew excited when he found out Nie Yan played the game.

"Level 23," Nie Yan replied. After dying, that was his level now.

Xie Yao revealed a disappointed expression. So it's not him...? The person she was thinking of had reached Level 35 long ago, and was most likely at an even more astonishingly high level right now. But Nie Yan was only Level 23. After thinking it over again, she was reminded of that person's low-key nature. It was entirely possible that Nie Yan was lying about his true level. As such, she quickly recovered from her disappointment.

However, conflicting emotions arose in Xie Yao's heart. She hoped Nie Yan was that person since they truly were alike. These underlying feelings affected her mood. At the same time, she also hoped Nie Yan wasn't that person because she wouldn't know how to face him.

If Nie Yan and that player she was thinking of were truly one and the same, would she eventually get together with him? Her heart palpitated at the possibility.

She admired the leader of her guild, the heaven-defying Nirvana Flame. But the distance between them was as wide as the vast sky. If that person entered her life, how should she react?

"I'm Level 26. I formed a party with five other friends. I'll bring you levelling with us the next time you get on," Zhai Hao said, sounding pleased with himself. His current level could be considered relatively high among the player base. Of the numerous students in the school, there were only a few that surpassed him in level. As a young male, he still had that little bit of vanity. Even though he was a sincere and honest individual, that didn't mean he was completely immune to such things.

"Sure, just call me up whenever," Nie Yan agreed in a straightforward manner. Among the people he was acquainted with in the previous timeline, Zhai Hao was a good friend, so he saw no reason not to meet up with him inside the game.

"Miss Class Flower, do you play Conviction? Care to tag along?" Zhai Hao asked in a slightly eager tone. If Xie Yao joined up, then those hot-blooded wolf pups in the party would definitely go wild with joy.

Xie Yao pursed her lips into a smile before shaking her head. "No, I'll have to pass. You should ask Xia Ling and them if they're interested."

Very few people in the class knew Xie Yao played Conviction, let alone her level or how good she was as a player. Even her female classmates who were very skilled had never once met her in the game.