Chapter 316 - Windfall

The Molelord's health hit zero, and it heavily crashed to the ground, causing the entire cavern to shake.

Nie Yan quickly ducked for cover. When he saw no changes in the Molelord's corpse, he breathed out a sigh of relief. He believed it would explode like the Moleguard they previously encountered. This was why he ordered Painted Muslin to retreat. It appeared he was just being a worrywart.

The Molelord's corpse laid motionless on the ground. It resembled a large whale.

Nie Yan lit up with a brilliant radiance as he directly ascended to Level 35. The other members also gained at least a level.

"Boss, did anything drop?" Summer Bug asked.

Nie Yan was about to bend down to rummage for loot when he suddenly noticed the Molelord's corpse starting to swell like a balloon. Its veins were pulsating violently with a force that couldn't be restrained.

Nie Yan's face paled. "Everyone, duck!"

This was Corpse Explosion!

There were next to no monsters with this ability!

Everyone turned to flee.

「Boom!」At this instant, the Molelord's corpse exploded, sending out a powerful shock wave that swept out in all directions.

None of them had a chance to reach safety before the explosion enveloped them.

It was a complete wipeout.

Nie Yan was no exception. The Corpse Explosion was simply unavoidable. However, he didn't immediately take on astral form. Instead, the scenery around him shifted into a white void. There were brilliant rays of light all around him as though he had arrived in the kingdom of heaven.

Nie Yan was flabbergasted. Just where the hell am I? He looked around and saw a lonely figure crouched down on its knees. He couldn't make out its appearance. It was shrouded in a blurry mist of light.

It wandered through this vast void, occasionally stopping to stare into space. Noticing the new arrival, it stared at Nie Yan in confusion.

At this moment, a strange feeling surfaced in Nie Yan's heart as various scenes of Empress Finas flashed across his mind. He could feel the boundless sorrow in the Molelord's heart.

Nie Yan's heart skipped a beat. These scenes were most likely clues on how to find Empress Finas!

The figure transformed into a ball of light and flew into Nie Yan's bag. It danced around Bennett's Journal for a while before entering inside.

Nie Yan examined the journal and noticed a few changes.

Bennett's Journal: Undying Soul, Love of a Lowly Moleman (Quest Item)

Properties: The owner of this journal is allowed to open a Dark Portal to a random location in the Underworld. A portal can be opened once every 5 days and lasts for 20 minutes.

Restrictions: Bound to Nirvana Flame. Cannot be traded or dropped.

The Dark Portal was an unpredictable skill. It could teleport you to the Underworld, but the location was random. On top of this, you would have to wait for five days if you didn't enter the portal within the 20 minute duration.

Nie Yan didn't know when he would visit the Underworld. He could conveniently check if this quest was doable while looking for items to buy over there.

After an unknown amount of time, a system notification appeared.

Ten Li Painted Muslin has revived you. Do you accept?

Yes!

With a flash of light, Nie Yan was brought back to life. He opened his eyes to see Painted Muslin and Young Seven reviving the others.