Chapter 220 - Dueling Holy Empire

With so many people present, Nie Yan couldn't possibly be familiar with every single face. But of the individuals he did recognize, he knew them as some of the very top elites of the game in the previous timeline. He naturally didn't believe his charisma was enough to convince all of them to willingly serve him without complaint. However, so long as they integrated into the tight-knit community of the guild, they would inevitably turn into comrades who would go through thick and thin with him. Beyond the sentiment, they were also bound by contracts so none of them would dare betray the guild.

The crowd of players quietly discussed among themselves about their guild leader, Nirvana Flame. They had long since heard of the Mad Rogue whose name rang through the ears of all players like thunder. Even so, as top elites in the game, none of them felt they were lacking in ability. Yet when they recalled the scene of him killing Hei Zhuo, all of them had no choice but to admit that they were not his match.

Just as Nie Yan wanted everyone to introduce themselves so he could get more familiar with each of them, over a hundred players from Holy Empire entered through the arena entrance. They were led by none other than Sleepy Fox who was clad in golden armour.

Holy Empire had arrived!

Nie Yan evaluated the crowd of new arrivals. Even the weakest among them wore equipment that was Level 20 Gold-grade. Impressive... It seems like that guy brought over all the elites of Holy Empire.

Although this was only an exhibition match between two allies, the smell of gunpowder could still be smelt wafting through the atmosphere. The top hundred players of both guilds were entering the stage, after all.

The guild leaders of Holy Empire and Asskickers United brought over a hundred players to meet in the arena. How could the intentions of both of them not be more obvious?

Nie Yan swept his gaze over his own players, only to see every single one of them rubbing their palms with eager expressions.

The clash between the elites of Holy Empire and Asskickers United was drawing near!

Bladelight walked over to Nie Yan's side, then said in a low voice, "I recognize several familiar faces over on Holy Empire's side. Do you see the two players standing beside Sleepy Fox? The one to the left is a powerful Elementalist called Eternal Phoenix. He belongs to the Holy Empire gaming organization. The one to the right is called Undying Battle Fervour. He's the Chief Fighter of Holy Empire."

Nie Yan heard of them before in the previous timeline. Battle Fervour was the Champion who tanked the Lava Titan for Holy Empire, while Eternal Phoenix was a Magister who ranked among the top three of all Magisters in the game.

Sleepy Fox brought with him numerous other elites along with these two.

"Guild Leader, are we going to fight Holy Empire?"

"Of course we're going to fight! Why else would we be in the arena?" several other members in the crowd chimed in.

"No, not really a fight," Nie Yan replied. "More like a friendly exhibition match. But that doesn't mean you guys should hold back. If everyone performs well, I'll reward you all when we get back." If he truly was able to get a 30% stake in the small stronghold, he could obtain enough funds to improve the equipment of these guild members.

"Don't worry, Boss! We'll definitely do well!"

The crowd of Asskickers United players was instantly fired up. Almost all of them were fiercely competitive individuals who loved to PvP; how else could they have honed their skills to such an extent? They were more excited about the upcoming match with Holy Empire than the reward Nie Yan promised them for excelling.