Chapter 393 - Ransack and Ransack

A tense atmosphere loomed over all of Asskickers United as Nie Yan and 2,000 players escorted the Black Gunpowder to United City. Such an important matter had to be handled with the utmost care. Mistakes wouldn't be tolerated! It was at this moment that Guo Huai put his intelligence network to good use. Every movement from every hostile guild no matter how small was reported back to him immediately.

Holy Empire and Sapphire Shrine kept a close watch over Victorious Return. From time to time, their players would appear on the border of Victorious Return's sole stronghold to mock them, leading to skirmishes breaking out.

Heaven Breaker's hot temper prevented him from taking these insults lying down, so he stationed squads on the walls of the stronghold to attack all who dared to mock him.

Being watched so closely by Holy Empire and Sapphire Shrine, it was impossible for Victorious Return to take action against Asskickers United's transport group.

Guo Huai and the other higher-ups had already made ample preparations. If the group transporting the Black Gunpowder was attacked, troops would be immediately dispatched to rescue them. Of course, it was best if the procession reached United City without any disturbances.

Guo Huai believed there shouldn't be any issues. Nie Yan's group consisted of 2,000 players, after all.

...

At this moment, six Level 50 plus players donned in amazing Shaman equipment emerged on a hilltop, dashing between the trees. They were all class advanced Shamans!

Shamans were the most mysterious and difficult to deal with class of the orc race.

Mages were the main force of the humans, Necromancers for the undead, and Shamans for the orcs.

Shamans were divided into Shaman Doctors and Elemental Shamans. The former specialized in healing while the latter specialized in controlling the elements. The Shamans on the hilltop had lightning symbols on their collars, signifying they were Elemental Shamans! Although their healing capabilities were weaker, they could deal devastating damage!

Besides Elemental and Healing Magic, Shamans would often dabble into other mysterious magics such as Totemic and Shadow Magic. Shamic Temples, similar to Magic Towers, contained unfathomable spells. Any Elemental Shaman that visited one would come out much stronger.

Up ahead were several dozen Level 50 Boas. One of the Elemental Shamans waved their staff and summoned a one-meter long totem covered with ashen flags. It floated in the air and discharged streaks of electricity into the surroundings.

Totemic Flags were NPC shop items that Shamans could buy to enhance the potency of their totems, greatly increasing the stats of all nearby allies.

The Shamans started chanting cryptic syllables. With a wave of their staffs, the streaks of lightning surrounding the totem shot out toward the group of Boas, bouncing from one Bao to the next.

Every streak of lightning bounced and bounced and bounced. Not a single Boa remained unscathed.

This was the Chain Lightning spell of Elemental Shamans. It was a type of multi-target magic that could attack more than 10 enemies with a single cast.

After these Boas were struck by the streaks of lightning, they collapsed to the ground, their corpses scorched and releasing smoke.

"Love Guru and his group are in Calore. I wonder how they're doing," said a slim Shaman. He was called Nevernight, and ranked third among all Shamans in Angel Corps. The others in the group weren't weak either, having all class advanced together.

Since there were only six players in their group, they easily avoided the sights of Asskickers United's scouts, especially in such a large map.

"It's good that Love Guru and them are attracting all the heat from Asskickers United. But you know what I don't understand? We're so far away from the Viridian Empire, why does Angel want to make enemies out of them?" Blood Wolf asked in a bewildered manner. He always paid attention to matters that related to the guild as a whole.