Chapter 265 - However Many Arrive, However Many Die

With so many Thieves pouncing on him, Sleepy Fox was hard-pressed to resist no matter how much of a heaven-defying figure he was. A pair of fists was no match for four hands![1]

When Sleepy Fox sent the Thieves flying away with Shockwave, Jack the Ripper took advantage of the opportunity to stun him with Smothering Strike.

A nearby group of Warriors from Holy Empire rushed forwards in an attempt to rescue Sleepy Fox, but they were intercepted by several dozen Thieves from Radiant Sacred Flame.

Sleepy Fox endured the combined assault from five Thieves. As a tanky Warrior clad in heavy armour, he wouldn't go down too easily.

"Kill him, quickly!" Jack the Ripper shouted somberly. Time was short. He circled back to the front, stunning Sleepy Fox once again with a Concussive Blow.

Before he could follow up with another attack, his pupils constricted as he spotted the unmistakable sheen of a dagger stabbing toward his forehead. This attack was incomparably domineering, sharp and executed with pinpoint precision, resembling the strike of a viper! He cancelled his attack mid-animation, activated Swift Retreat, and rapidly pulled back.

What a fast attack! Jack the Ripper inwardly remarked, raising his dagger to block as a metallic 'klang' rang out. After retreating several meters, he felt cold sweat wash over him as he recalled the sensation of the dagger barely grazing his forehead. This was fear in its most primal form. He didn't dare imagine the consequences if that attack landed.

Jack the Ripper focused on his opponent only to see a translucent silhouette dart past at a speed too fast for even his eyes to follow.

The Thieves ganging up on Sleepy Fox were flabbergasted. Why did their leader pull back all of a sudden? Before they could register what happened, a dagger materialised across the neck of one of their companions. It was a phantom blade appearing without warning, the very scythe of the Grim Reaper!

Splitting Edge was covered in sawtooth serrations, a queer design meant to inspire fear and intimidate.

Cut Throat!

Within the span of a breath, Splitting Edge effortlessly cut through the vulnerable flesh on the Thief's neck as a spray of blood blossomed out like a bewitching rose.

−630!

It was an instant kill!

That Thief's health bar emptied out, and he collapsed to the ground.

Everything happened too quickly, no one could react in time. While they were still reeling in shock, Sleepy Fox finally regained control of his body. Spinning Slash! He swung his greatsword in a wide arc, unleashing a sword beam that radiated outward in every direction.

The Thieves were knocked back several steps. When the figure supporting Sleepy Fox revealed itself, they looked as though they had seen a ghost.

After killing the Thief, Nie Yan's stealth wore off.

The Mad Rogue Nirvana Flame!

The Thieves sucked in a collective gasp, forgetting they were in the middle of combat. When Nie Yan emerged, one Thief was forced to retreat, another died a miserable death, and the remaining four were scared out of their wits.

Sleepy Fox breathed out a sigh of relief after drinking an Intermediate Health Potion. "Thanks, you saved my life just in the nick of time. A few seconds slower and I would've died." He was down to only 39% health before Nie Yan arrived. The attacks of those Thieves really packed quite a punch.