Chapter 348 - Smuggling

Nie Yan and Warlance walked past many streets before arriving at a small tavern. The furnishings were old-fashioned, and the lighting was a dim yellow. An old fat man stood behind the counter muttering something under his breath.

Rows of shabby-looking chairs and beaten-up tables filled the tavern. There weren't many players about, as only those with a specific purpose came here. No one would choose to waste their time sitting around such a dingy place.

A man who looked to be in his late twenties sat quietly at a table in the corner. He wore an ash-grey robe and his hand rested on a bonewood staff. The man raised his glass in greeting as Nie Yan approached.

Nie Yan's gaze immediately sharpened. The familiar figure before him brought back yet another tide of old memories.

This was the head of Fallen Angel!

During the interfaction conflicts of the previous timeline, Plenty had personally led an army of tens of thousands on a slaughter in Calore. They kicked off their campaign by steamrolling Lincoln Village before seizing control over 6 strongholds near Calore. At first, Victorious Return and Radiant Sacred Flame tried to avoid fighting them, but public outrage forced them into waging a massive war between factions. Fallen Angel managed to hold out for over a month before finally succumbing to Calore's war of attrition. They retreated to the Underworld, but their conquest would forever be a stain on the Viridian Empire's history.

Many images of Fallen Angel's guild leader had been taken and shared, leaving an extremely deep impression on the players of Calore.

At the time, Nie Yan had been a complete nobody. Legendary figures such as Plenty wouldn't take note of him. He never expected to one day sit down at a table with this man.

Nie Yan activated Transcendent Insight.

Plenty: Level 51

Health: 2,112/2,112

Level 51...! Damn!

Nie Yan was finally certain. It was him! There was a joke in the previous timeline: "Plenty of money, Plenty of people." Fallen Angel at its peak was an existence even Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return could only look up to. With over 100 master-class players, six major branches with a total of 600,000 members, and over 300 strongholds to their name, they were a true behemoth. Their influence reached across the entire Underworld. This was why Victorious Return and Radiant Sacred Flame were hesitant to go to war against them, and why they ended up resorting to a war of attrition.

"Hello," Nie Yan greeted, calmly observing Plenty.

"Sit," Plenty replied, unfazed by Nie Yan's gaze.

Nie Yan sat across from him, inwardly marveling about how things had changed. Having seen so much in his two lives, he naturally wasn't fazed by Plenty's status. He was confident Asskickers United would grow to be no weaker than Fallen Angel at their prime!

"I didn't expect you to hide in plain sight by pretending to be a member of the Evil Faction! I'm surprised you managed to get past the guards. I assume you used some sort of alignment-concealing accessory?" Plenty asked. His knowledge of the Mad Rogue was limited to only a handful of videos, However, it was enough to recognize Nie Yan as an important personage of the Viridian Empire. Only a few members of the Righteous Faction were worthy of his attention: Angyi Tianshi from Angel Corps, Mad Blade from Bloodlust Blades, and Nirvana Flame from Asskickers United.

"A necklace."

"How long does the disguise last?"

"Three hours." Nie Yan decided there was no need to conceal this information.