Chapter 299 - The Might of Shadow Slaughter

In the face of near imminent death, Nie Yan activated God's Blessing from the Chapter of Peace, after which a barrier of light enshrouded him.「Bang! Bang! Bang!」The shower of spells rained down on him mercilessly as crackles of light ricocheted off him like a dazzling display of fireworks. Even so, he dashed out of this shelling completely unscathed.

God's Blessing granted immunity to all magic!

Faded and his group were left absolutely gobsmacked. Perhaps Nie Yan was the only Thief bold enough to charge head-first into a hail of spells.

Did Nie Yan plan on slaughtering all 13 of them by himself!?

"Shit! It's magic immunity! Everyone, use physical attacks!" Faded welcomed Nie Yan's assault head-on. A deep grunt escaped his mouth as he swept forward with his heavy shield.

Nie Yan's figure blurred as he employed Shadow Dance to slip past the attack.

While in the middle of Gale Ambush, Nie Yan was almost too fast for the naked eye to follow.

The Shield Bash struck air as Nie Yan's figure vanished like a phantom before Faded's eyes, causing his heart to tighten. He swung around in a panic, just in time to see Zennarde's Sword stabbing towards his head at lightning speed.

Faded quickly raised his shield to block.

「Klang!」

Faded slightly recoiled under the impact, then retaliated with a Heroic Strike.

Maple Blazeheart waved his staff. A three meter tall Light Giant wielding a claymore materialized out of thin air and charged toward Nie Yan's location.

At this time, the Paladin, Berserker, and Fighter came to Faded's rescue. They charged at Nie Yan with their swords raised, wanting to chop him into mincemeat.

Nie Yan sidestepped the Heroic Strike, then activated Shadow Slaughter in combination with Apocalyptic Extinction and slashed down on Faded with Zennarde's Sword.

−562
−100
−126...

A string of damage values floated up from Faded's head while the surrounding five players also received over a hundred damage each.

Even though Nie Yan was at a far lower level than these players, the Ignore Level +12 property on Zennarde's Sword allowed him to bridge the gap. So the damage he dealt was still quite fierce.

The surrounding players were all scared out of their wits. They had clearly seen Nie Yan only attack Faded, yet why did they receive damage too!?

The Priest cast Heal on Faded, followed by a Radiant Barrier.

Faded attempted to retaliate by swinging his sword, only to discover his movements had turned sluggish. He glanced at his status and noticed a Cripple Curse! It was during this brief delay that Nie Yan struck him in the forehead with Concussive Blow.

Truthfully, Faded's exchange with Nie Yan had lasted no more than a brief moment. However, he had already been incapacitated before the Warriors and Paladin could even arrive to reinforce him.

Nie Yan's dagger slashed down once more. A string of damage values floated up above Faded's head as his Radiant Barrier shattered with a loud bang. Streams of light continuously fell over him and restored his health.

Nie Yan's burst reached upwards of over a thousand damage. He unloaded all sorts of hard-hitting skills on Faded like Blast and Vital Strike.

Before Faded's companions could even get close, they had already lost two-thirds of their health to Shadow Slaughter!