Chapter 397 - Apocalyptic Extinction

The berserk lightning slowly dissipated before disappearing entirely, giving way to a clear blue sky. It was peaceful and calming, like the feeling of respite after a particularly rocky storm. The players from Asskickers United breathed a sigh of relief. They were saved.

If it wasn't for Nie Yan pulling off a miracle against all odds, an endless storm of lightning would've undoubtedly taken all their lives.

None of them held any hope of surviving the unparalleled might of a Rank 2 Elemental Hall Magic like Lightning Storm.

"Fuck!" Mad Blade couldn't help but curse after witnessing Nie Yan stop Cold Flame from casting Lightning Storm. "Kill that bastard! Don't let him get away!"

A barrage of spells flew toward Nie Yan. As a group of top elites, how could they allow him to escape so easily?

Cut Throat!

After stunning Cold Flame, Nie Yan slashed him across the neck with Zennarde's Sword.

−1,702!

Critical hit! Nie Yan emptied all the remaining life from Cold Flame's health bar, killing him instantly!

Cold Flame collapsed on the ground. He was a squishy cloth-armoured Elementalist, so it was no surprise Nie Yan felled him in a single blow.

At this moment, eight spells rained down on Nie Yan. If he were hit by so many spells, he would undoubtedly be blasted into oblivion!

Nie Yan had just recently used Gale Step and Shadow Waltz, so both of them were on cooldown. Mad Blade refused to believe he possessed a third life-saving skill.

Nie Yan was dead for certain!

Life-saving skills were extremely pricey. For the vast majority of players, obtaining even one would be impressive. A second was a matter of luck. And a third meant that that bastard had to be some kind of cheat character!

Nie Yan was precisely that, a cheat character. Although he didn't actually have a third life-saving skill, he had Quick Reset, which would reset the cooldown of any ordinary skill!

Besides Quick Reset, Nie Yan still had Adjudicator of God at hand!

In terms of skill arsenal, Nie Yan had more than enough to spare!

Nie Yan reset the cooldown of Shadow Waltz.

It looked like Nie Yan was going to be obliterated in the next moment, and his undefeated streak as the Mad Rogue would finally come to an end! Everyone's hearts tightened.

Mad Blade coldly watched on with a smirk on his face. "Let's see you try and act arrogant again!"

Shadow Waltz!

「Bang! Bang! Bang!」A hail of spells ruthlessly bombarded Nie Yan.

When the dust and smoke settled, to everyone's shock Nie Yan wasn't a corpse lying on the ground.

Their eyes were wide like saucers.

"Fuck! This guy actually has a third life-saving skill?" Mad Blade cursed loudly. This fellow was becoming increasingly ludicrous in his eyes. His visions of killing Nie Yan had gone up in a puff of smoke.

With three life-saving skills and his excellent awareness, killing Nie Yan was practically impossible. The only way was to ambush him with thousands of players like before!

Seeing Nie Yan escape the bombardment unscathed, the players from Asskickers United immediately erupted in cheers.

"Brothers, the boss just showed off his skills! We can't lose face for Asskickers United either! So what if they're stronger than us? Let's mob these bastards to death!" Paladin of the Elegy cried out, then pointed his sword at Mad Blade. "It's time to return the favour! Mages, blast his ass back to Glory City!"